Sci-Fi Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Tagline: It'll send a chill down your spine.

Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Gil Kenan

Cast: Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Logan Kim, Celeste O'Connor, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, William Atherton, Kumail Nanjiani, Patton Oswalt, James Acaster, Emily Alyn Lind

Release: 2024-03-28

Plot: The Spengler family returns to where it all started – the iconic New York City firehouse – to team up with the original Ghostbusters, who've developed a top-secret research lab to take busting ghosts to the next level. But when the discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must join forces to protect their home and save the world from a second Ice Age.
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

I'm looking forward to this one! I enjoyed After Life and thought it was a good continuation of the original franchise. At the time of the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call in 2016 reboot I commented that the problem wasn't introducing new cast members but rather making it a reboot instead of a transition that continues the original canon which is what After Life did.

I'm looking forward to this one! I enjoyed After Life and thought it was a good continuation of the original franchise. At the time of the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call in 2016 reboot I commented that the problem wasn't introducing new cast members but rather making it a reboot instead of a transition that continues the original canon which is what After Life did.

I think this is my major beef with most modern renditions of older movies, is that they want to pretend like the original films never existed and take things off in another direction entirely. There were reasons that older films were successful, and if you are trying to find a new audience, you likely aren't going to hit those same reasons with the new audience, and thus probably aren't going to be successful.