Sci-Fi Ahsoka

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Ahsoka

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2023-08-23

Creator: Dave Filoni

Cast: Rosario Dawson, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Eman Esfandi, Lars Mikkelsen, Ivanna Sakhno, Ray Stevenson, Diana Lee Inosanto, David Tennant, Wes Chatham

Overview: After the fall of the Empire, former Jedi knight Ahsoka Tano investigates an emerging threat to a vulnerable galaxy.
Ahsoka

The more I see of the trailers, the more I think I'll be watching this one. I wasn't sure at first because I couldn't get into the Rebels series but the live-action series looks like it'll be pretty good.

I think I'll be watching this one
Just watched the S1 finale; it's a short season, just eight episodes so it's more of a mini-series than a regular TV series. Obi-Wan Kenobi was just six episodes so it's not unusual for Disney+ to have short seasons.

Supposedly a movie is in the works that will tie in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Ahsoka to close up the story lines that started with Star Wars Rebels. When I watch these shows that take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens I often forget how many years there are in the gap between the two movies. Within the Star Wars verse that gap is about 30 years and a lot of things happen in that time.

So far I've liked the Mandalorian the best, the rest feel a bit like filler to generate Star Wars content for Disney+. Maybe I'm just jaded from having grown up with the original trilogy but the Force Awakens trilogy and these shows between the trilogies don't get me as excited. I did like Rogue One and even Solo so I'm *not* one of these folks who don't like anything just because it doesn't have the original actors. :P