Ask Matt Question for August 16, 2004

V

verdantheart

From TV Guide Online:

Question:
I am a die-hard fan of Alias, but as everyone knows, the story has become so convoluted in a desperate attempt for high shock value in each episode. Now the creator of Alias, J.J. Abrams, has promised to "fix" it. I still enjoy the show, but honestly, how could it ever be as good? He has also hinted at bringing back what worked for the show: SD-6. As impossible as it seemed that all the SD cells were destroyed in one single episode, it's equally unbelievable that it can just rise from the smoke. I'm worried about the chances of a fifth season for Alias. Do you think Abrams can actually breathe life back into the show? — Matthew

Matt:
Anything is possible. I'm willing to approach the new season with an open mind, and I'm betting most of the fans will, too — especially if they have to wait until January for new episodes. The hints about SD-6 seem to me to be more about getting the show back to its original tone and reestablishing some of the character relationships rather than literally taking things back to square one.
I tend to agree with Matt: I don't think that Mr Abrams meant that he is literally bringing SD-6 back from the dead--just that he thought there were aspects of that scenario that really worked and that he wanted to bring those elements back into the series.
✌️

I agree with both of you. I'm pretty sure it's just some of the elements that JJ wants to bring back, not the whole SD-6.

I agree with Matt- It does seem like the best episodes were before Phase One and the end of SD-6... even those shortly after and leading up to the end of season two were pretty hot, but then in season three I don't think they knew where to go. The transition into season three was hard on all of us- even JG said she couldn't stop crying when they were shooting that scene in "Hong Kong" when she wakes up at the end of season two because as she put it, "she was so sad for Sydney." Anyway, I went a little off topic there, its just I think he meant the feeling of how the show was in the SD-6 days, without actually bringing SD-6 back.

yeah they arent gonna bring back SD-6 how pointless would that be?!?!!?
besides isnt sloane "good" now (and btw i used that term very loosely) :rolleyes:
anyway i'm very excited :woot:

Back