Beneath the Ice

*disclaimer: I don't own alias, this story is just for fun

Beneath the Ice
Rating: PG-13 to be safe
Spoilers: Through season 2 episode 3 "Cipher".
Summary: Someone other than Dixon rescued Sydney from the thin ice.

Chapter 1

Sydney crashed through the icy surface. The frigid water rushed up to engulf her. Her thoughts were lost for a moment and then she realized she had to get out. She swam up from the cold depths and found herself closed in. The ice had frozen over. She pounded on the ice as the cold ebbed at her body threatening to take away her senses. She felt herself fading as he body succumbed to the cold.

Suddenly, the ice cracked above her. A hand reached beneath the surface to grab hers. Strong arms pulled her from the freezing water. The last thing she remembered before darkness took her was a pair of ice blue eyes.

Sydney smelled the aroma of tea leaves as she opened her eyes. There was the sound of footsteps and then a door being opened and quickly shut. Her eyelids felt too heavy to open. She felt swelteringly hot. At least it was a definite step up from the frigid icy waters of the Siberian ice cavern. She finally opened her eyes and looked around the room. The walls were wood paneled and there was a single window in the room. The window was perhaps two feet by one and sure enough it was barred. All it took was one glance at the locked door for Sydney to realize that she was most likely not in the friendliest place.

Slowly, she sat up in the bed and pushed aside the blankets. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and started to stand, but her legs felt like they weren’t there. She sat back down. Pressing a hand to her forehead she shook her head. No wonder she felt out of it. She was running a fever. She looked to the source of the initial smell that had awoken her.

On the nightstand there was a small tray with a steaming teapot and a mug. Leaning against the mug was a small card. Sydney picked it up and only cringed as she read it.

Help yourself to the tea, Miss Bristow. I’ll be back to speak with you later.

Sydney groaned. It didn’t take her high IQ to figure out that the person who was holding her was Sark.

<!--SPOILER BEGIN--><div onClick="openClose('aaa76126c3ab7a3e7c188545c811f02f')" style="font-weight: bold">Click For Spoiler</div><div id="aaa76126c3ab7a3e7c188545c811f02f" style="display:none"><!--SPOILER END--> "Yes. We are alone," Sark replied with a smirk. "And far from civilization. Which means that if I should have the need to shoot you there will be no interference."<!--SPOILER DIV--></div><!--SPOILER DIV-->

Hello! :eek:ldhi: I read this a while ago, and gee, look how long it took me to reply. :blush: I'm horrible, and sooo sorry. Been reading Sarkney fic lately, huh? Anyway, very cool. Can I have a PM please?

Chapter 2

Sydney took a sip of the tea. It had taken her a few minutes of deliberation to decide whether or not it might be drugged. But she had finally decided that Sark probably had more efficient ways of doing that. Besides if he had wanted her dead, he could have simply left her behind in the cave. What would make him rescue her?

Sydney’s memory flashed to the last thing she remembered. Blue eyes. Sark’s eyes. For some she could not forget them. In the past she had not cared at all. Her run-ins with Sark had been brief and in no way cordial.

A click brought her attention to the door that was apparently unlocking. A moment later it swung open to reveal Sark sure enough. He wore the classic Armani suit of all things.

Hasn’t this guy ever heard of casual! Sydney laughed inside.

Sark smirked. “I hope you are comfortable, Miss Bristow.”

Sydney glared straight into his ice blue eyes. “How’s the leg?”

Sark made a brief glance down at his left leg. “Healing properly no thanks to you, Miss Bristow.”

“What do you want, Sark?” Sydney inquired.

“I was hoping you would be a bit more gracious,” He quipped. “After all you were fortunate that not all members of my team returned alive. Otherwise you would still be in that cave.”

Sydney glanced at him, but turned away. “Are we alone?”

"Yes. We are alone," Sark replied with a smirk. "And far from civilization. Which means that if I should have the need to shoot you there will be no interference?"

“I’ll ask again,” Sydney continued. “What do you want?”

“Now, Miss Bristow weren’t you ever taught patience?”

“Not in dealing with the enemy,” Sydney retorted. “Especially not you.”

“I’m rather flattered then, Sydney,” Sark returned.

“Sark, you wouldn’t recognize an insult if it was a bullet in your head.”

“I want you to work with me,” Sark said finally. He paused for a moment to let her take in the words. “However, if you are uncooperative I can still fulfill the earlier threat.”

“You’re cute, but I’ll pass,” Sydney said sweetly. “Better a bullet over betrayal. Besides, you won’t shoot me.”

“Why not, Miss Bristow?” He said.

“Because you could have left me for dead before,” She replied.

“Before I had the chance to inform you of my offer?” He asked raising an eyebrow. “Don’t be so blind, Agent Bristow. Must be that fever interfering with your thoughts.”

Sydney just glared at him.

“In that case, I shall give you more time to consider the offer,” Sark said. He stepped back to the door. “Rest well, Miss Bristow.”

And, Patomac yes unfortunately I have been reading Sarkney lately. I have 4 stories going now and I don't know when I'll finish any of them.

since it's been about 8 months here's a teaser of what I'm working on:

Well, she probably would have been much worse than just the fever had she been left in her ice water soaked clothing. Still, she found it difficult to be grateful towards that little creep for anything beyond shooting himself.

Hi! *waves hand* As CelticJedi said, I will be continuing this fic. :smiley: I am currently writing three other stories so the updates for this story will vary. I promise to update as often as I can. So...without further ado here's your chapter. CelticJedi wrote a couple of paragraphs.

Chapter 3

Feeling the tendrils of heat grasping her body beginning to ebb Sydney took a deep breath and considered her position. She didn’t quite feel like she could escape quite yet, but she would keep her eyes open for any opportunity. Playing along might be a good option for the time being. In that case she would just have to wait for Sark to return.

She dropped to the pillows and rolled on her side. She stared up at the window close to the ceiling. All she saw beyond it was a white winter sky and the edging of frost around the glass pane. They were still somewhere in Northeastern Asia most likely. Sydney now noticed that the clothing she was wearing was obviously not her polar suit. She glanced down at her outfit: loose fitting flannel pants and a gray t-shirt. Probably Sark’s. Sydney felt disgusted at the idea of him…

Well, she probably would have been much worse than just the fever had she been left in her ice water soaked clothing. Still, she found it difficult to be grateful towards that little creep for anything beyond shooting himself. She decided to eat some food Sark gave her before he left in exchange for the empty tea mug. Mmmmmmmmm...a warm, flakey biscuit and some hot soup. Sark most definetly knew that Sydney liked to eat hot soup and good biscuits. What a creep.

Sydney fell asleep immediately after finishing her food. She needed to rest more to full recover being in the ice cold water and the thoughts of Sark. She also hoped to have enough strength to take out Sark and whoever he had employed as his guards. Sydney Bristow had this thought in the back of her head: where's Dixon, are they looking for me, and I miss Vaughn so much.

I hope you liked it, considering most of it was CelticJedi's. The next chapter is interesting.

PM LIST
YoungStarsOwner
Alias Fan Gillian
AgentKate
Patomac
Sebhae
Aliasfancarrie7

Back