Politics Did you Vote?

Did you vote in the Presidential Election?

• Yes, I voted for Kerry.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I voted for Bush.

• Yes, I voted for Nader.

• No I did not vote.

• I'm not old enough to vote. (but I would)

• Total voters
if only i were born 5 months earlier! my friend (who is an avid republican) turns 18 next friday, just in time for the elections the tuesday afterwards. arg! here in california, i believe the current standings are Kerry 50%, Bush 46%, Nader 4%...

ALIAS_RULES said:
Why would anyone vote Nader? That's such a waste of a vote.
[post="1039997"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wish he would drop out. I mean, I understand that there are a lot of things that Kerry isn't going to do that Nader would like to happen, but he knows he isn't going to win. And by running the only thing he's doing is taking votes away from Kerry, and you'd think that if he really does care so much about some of these issues he'd do anything possible to get Bush out :confused:

Yes, if Nader wasn't running then Kerry would get those votes probably. But the reason Nader is running is because he feels there are issues both parties overlook. But I can't disagree with you there.

Alias_Addict47 said:
Nader is a complete waste of a vote. He knows he is not going to win. This debate is going to be a close one between Kerry and Bush.
[post="1040198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think Nader is a complete waste of a vote. Do you always have to vote for people who will win? People vote for Nader vote on their principles and vote probably more sincerly then most of the population who votes for Bush or Kerry. I think it's like seventy some percent of the population who is voting for Kerry, isn't voting because they like Kerry and what he stands for, its because they hate Bush. Likewise there is a (much) smaller percent of the population who are voting for Bush because they plain just don't like Kerry. The point is, pretty much anyone who is voting for Nader is voting for him because they like him and what he stands for. They wish to stand behind him for that reason. No, he won't ever get voted in, but he and other third parties are beneficial to American politics. They bring up issues and make the main two candidates take a stand when the Dems and the Reps would rather sit on the fence. More of us should be sure to vote on principle...whether that means Kerry, Bush or Nader.

i'm not old enough, and nader isn't on the california ballot. his job is simple: take away votes from kerry. :hmm: i mean, he obviously doesn't have a chance at winning, so why is he not running for something he CAN win? like a different government position...

Back