~Fighting for Love~

update? pwease?
come on, i even put you on "best fanfic quotes" thread on sd-1!! :lol:
(yeah that's because i love your fic and i miss it...)

update? pwease?
come on, i even put you on "best fanfic quotes" thread on sd-1!! :lol:
(yeah that's because i love your fic and i miss it...)

:blush: I know, sorry but work keeps me busy these days :angry:
and I saw at sd-1 :bag:
:hug:

*ahem*

ATTENTION ALL PEOPLES...

Sci now has a fan club. Come and check it out, please NOW! We all know you want to.

DON'T CLICK THIS LINK

... Hah. I know you clicked it.

:shocked:

LAUR!

you...you...*stomps*

are you guy trying to make me look reddie tonight? Because okay, you win :blush2:

I go hide now... :bag:

Heya guys! Well yep seems like an update to me :blink:

So for missy Cai who always complain I never remind you what happened :eyebrow:
...previously on Fighting for love :rolleyes:
- Fran and Syd had a little fight :cry:
- Weiss came over to chat with Vaughn, who's depressed but won't let Syd go away :nonono:
- Syd went to Barnett and finally understood how stupid it was to run away from Vaughn 🐟

Oh um and yep, the usual stuff: this chappie hasn't been beta-ed, blame all the mistakes on me -_-

Chapter 14 :thinking:

After getting out of Judith Barnett office Sydney climbed in her car and headed to the one place that soothed her: the train station. As she sat there watching people walking around her, she was amazed by how simple things could be. What she saw around her made her realize that if she wanted a simple life, if she really made everything she could to make things better, she would at the end get what she wanted. She would have the love of her life besides her, she would have the simplicity she'd ever wanted.

After what seemed an eternity Sydney finally got up from her seat and walked peacefully out of the train station, heading to her car. She had a lot of thing to take care of, and the first one was Francie. When she got out of the building it started to rain, a light, warm summer rain. She liked walking in this rain, like if a warm cocoon was enveloping her, soothing her. She'd have loved taking a walk, but she had things to do. She sighed and hurried to her car, sheltering in it a few minutes before finally driving to her house.

"Fran? I'm back!" she said when she entered the quiet house. She listened but didn't hear any reply, so she went in her room in order to change, and wait for her friend to come back. Finally after almost an hour the front door opened and Francie walked in, four grocery bags in her arms. When Sydney saw her friend heading right in the fridge, she rushed to help her.

"Here, give them to me." she said while taking the bags for her friend's arms.

"Thanks." she smiled and both started to put the items at their respective places. Once everything was cleaned, Francie offered to make some tea before they both sat on the couch, ready to talk about whatever Sydney had on the heart.

"So..." Francie began, not knowing what to say to start the discussion.

"Fran, I...I want to apologize, for the way I acted these past days."

"Syd, it's oka-" Sydney stopped her friend, putting her hand up.

"Please let me explain." Francie nodded, and Sydney went on.

"I didn't know what was going on -with me, with Vaughn, with everything. I was lost, I needed some time and space, to let everything sink in, you know?" She looked at her friend who nodded again, and kept talking. "That trip with Vaughn, do you know what happened? Did vaughn talked to you about it?"

"No, I don't." she shook her head and Sydney explained what had happened; the perfect day, the proposal, and the disaster that happened because of her. Unable to look at her friend anymore she put her eyes on her lap instead, anxious to hear her roommate's reaction.

"Syd." Francie put her hand on Sydney's, sorrow written all over her face. "I really am sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I know, but I wish things had happened differently. You deserve to be happy Syd." Sydney nodded, wondering if her friend was right. Did she really deserve to be happy? All her life she'd been a source of pain for everyone around her.

"Syd?" Francie asked when she noticed Sydney hadn't say a thing since a few minutes.

"What are you gonna do now?" Sydney pondered the question.

"I'm not sure yet. I know I need to talk to Vaughn, I owe him an explanation." Francie frowned.

"You're just going to explain? You're not gonna try to...I don't know, get him back? I mean you love him, don't you?" Sydney nodded, her eyes back on her lap. She knew she had to talk to him, she'd understood that in her meeting with Barnett. But the problem was: when was she going to be ready?

"I do love him, Fran, that's not the point."

"Then what?"

"I don't know." Sydney sighed and pulled her legs under her, curling into a ball. "I don't know how to look at him in the eye anymore. I don't know what I will say to him. I'm not even sure he'll want to hear me anyway."

"Come on I only met him two or three times and it was so obvious." Sydney looked up at her friend.

"What was obvious?" Francie almost rolled her eyes.

"Don't tell me you didn't see the way he looks at you, Syd! Love is written all over his face whenever you guys are in the same room." Sydney smiled, her friend's words warming her heart.

"You think?" Francie didn't reply and instead stood up and opened the front door.

"Go talk to him. Right now!" she pointed out the door with her finger. But Sydney shook her head, still unsure.

"No Fran, I-"

"No but's! You guys have to talk, solve whatever is wrong between you, and go back in the relationship I wish I had with Will. Don't make him wait, because the more you wait, the more he slips away from you." Sydney pondered a few moment before giving up when Fran almost grabbed her by the elbow and showed her to the door.

"Okay, okay. Let me change and freshen up a bit." Francie shook her head but closed the door, looking at her watch.

"I give you ten minutes. No more." Sydney smiled at her friend's stubbornness and rushed to her bedroom to change.

Half an hour had passed and Sydney was now standing in the front of Vaughn's apartment. She raised her hand to knock but suddenly she wasn't sure anymore. With Francie at her side it had seemed to be the right thing to do; but now that she was there, she wasn't sure anymore. What if he didn't want to talk to her? What if he didn't love her anymore? As she was getting more and more anxious she didn't see the front door opened, nor Vaughn watching her. When she heard someone clear his throat, she immediately looked up and saw two green eyes looking straight into hers. She swallowed hard and managed to let out a croaked "Hi".

Sci :watsup:

a cliffhanger??? you have to be kidding me :( :sadangel:

but an update!! :woot: wooop!

:D :D :happydance:

and she's going to see :vaughn1: and hopefully not 📅 and then they can :kiss: and live happily ever after with lots of :baby:s :D :D

thanks for the :mail:

OK, I loved the chapter, but I hated the cliffhanger! I wish you had managed a few more paragraphs there at the end. Please update soon.
Thanks for the PM.

Great Chapter...
I am so glad that Francie got Syd to go to Vaughn...
Hopefully they will start to work out whatever is wrong in the relationship...
Thanks for the pm...

So for missy Cai who always complain I never remind you what happened
...previously on Fighting for love
- Fran and Syd had a little fight
- Weiss came over to chat with Vaughn, who's depressed but won't let Syd go away
- Syd went to Barnett and finally understood how stupid it was to run away from Vaughn

YEAH!!!

*hugs Clammy*

Thank you berry berry much for reminding me what happened in the last update! Although it's not my fault, since I have a bad memory and you don't update enough... *nudgeHINTnudge* Wanna know a secret though? ... I actually remembered what happened in the last chapter. Now that's a first, eh? :angelic:

"I do love him, Fran, that's not the point."

"Then what?"

"I don't know." Sydney sighed and pulled her legs under her, curling into a ball. "I don't know how to look at him in the eye anymore. I don't know what I will say to him. I'm not even sure he'll want to hear me anyway."

:eyebrow:

Did someone drug her while she was at the train station? No sane person would say that they love someone, but that's not the point. So I ask you Syd, what IS the point then? :rolleyes:

*throws a cabbage leaf at Sydney... and Francie too, because I feel like it*

And how can she possibly think that Vaughn wont want to hear what she has to say!? :o_O:

*throws more cabbage leaves*

"What was obvious?" Francie almost rolled her eyes.

"Don't tell me you didn't see the way he looks at you, Syd! Love is written all over his face whenever you guys are in the same room." Sydney smiled, her friend's words warming her heart.

Well at least one of them is sane. As for you Syd... :mellow:

"Go talk to him. Right now!" she pointed out the door with her finger. But Sydney shook her head, still unsure.

"No Fran, I-"

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Dont you dare 'but' your way out of this, Bristow. You can't get past the Francie and the Cai. <_<

Half an hour had passed and Sydney was now standing in the front of Vaughn's apartment. She raised her hand to knock but suddenly she wasn't sure anymore. With Francie at her side it had seemed to be the right thing to do; but now that she was there, she wasn't sure anymore. What if he didn't want to talk to her? What if he didn't love her anymore? As she was getting more and more anxious she didn't see the front door opened, nor Vaughn watching her. When she heard someone clear his throat, she immediately looked up and saw two green eyes looking straight into hers. She swallowed hard and managed to let out a croaked "Hi".

Awww... It's times like these I kind of like Francie. It makes up for how creepy she was for the evil half of Season Two ^_^

And YAY! *pokes Vaughn in his green eye* You're actually HOME! WOOHOO! :happydance:

*shoves Syd in their house*

Now you guys can actually talk, right? No interruptions? Figure everything out? YAYAYAYAY! There better not be any interruptions, Clammy. Are we clear? :eyebrow:

Fantastic update though... And even if it was short, I couldn't care less, because an update is an update, no matter how long it is! It's quality, not quantity :D

Cai
x

Heya! :woot:

If anyone remembers me :thinking: well I'm back with a new chappie 🍅
As usually it hasn't been beta-ed so all the mistakes are my fault :bag:
Hope you enjoy though :thinking:
And given it's been ages a little recap from the last chappie:

Sydney was now standing in the front of Vaughn's apartment. She raised her hand to knock but suddenly she wasn't sure anymore. With Francie at her side it had seemed to be the right thing to do; but now that she was there, she wasn't sure anymore. What if he didn't want to talk to her? What if he didn't love her anymore? As she was getting more and more anxious she didn't see the front door opened, nor Vaughn watching her. When she heard someone clear his throat, she immediately looked up and saw two green eyes looking straight into hers. She swallowed hard and managed to let out a croaked "Hi".

Chapter 15 (or so)

Vaughn stood at the door, not saying a word.

"I...can I come in?" Sydney asked quietly, afraid to look at the man in front of her in the eyes. Vaughn didn't reply but stepped aside of the door, letting Sydney in his apartment. She studied her surroundings and almost gasped at what she saw; bottles of beers here and there, leftovers of pizza and chinese take-away on the coffee table, and the curtains remaining half closed. It was as if she was in a bad italian movie.

"What are you doing here?" Vaughn asked more harshly than he meant to, but after all he had the right not to be kind with her - or so he thought.

"I..." Sydney tried to find a good reason to visit him, but couldn't find any. 'I came here because I miss you.' 'I needed to talk to you.' 'I am so, so sorry.' 'I need you.' 'I love you.' She moved to the windows and opened the curtains, the sun immediately coming in. Sydney breathed deeply before gathering enough strength to say a whole sentence.

"I came here to talk. About...about us."

"I'm listening." Vaughn didn't move and instead crossed his arms on his chest, making Sydney even more uncomfortable. How could she start? What could she say? Obviously he wasn't really helping her there, she wasn't expecting more anyway. She had ruined everything, she had to try and made it better.

"Can we sit?" she nodded toward the couch, where a sleepy Donovan was lying. Vaughn moved to the dog and sat at the end of the couch, waiting for her to do the same.

"So? I'm waiting." Sydney snapped her head at him, annoyed by his behavior.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"This!" Sydney showed the space between them, finally looking at him. Vaughn sighed before finally forming a whole sentence.

"Look, it's not easy seeing you in here. After what happens..."

"You hate me, don't you?" she asked with tears in her eyes, scared by the answer he would give her. Vaughn pondered the question for what seemed an eternity.

"No, I don't. I could never hate you Sydney." he paused and took a deep breathe before going on. "I won't deny that what you did hurt. It still does. But I could never hate you Sydney. I hope you know that." He turned his head toward her to see her looking down, playing with her watch.

"Sydney?" she looked back to him, a tear escaping her eye as she moved.

"I am so sorry Vaughn. I..." she shook her head, searching for the good words. "I'm sorry for what I did. For what I did to you." she stopped but Vaughn didn't speak. She needed to explain, to say what she has on the heart. And he needed to hear it. "That day, that weekend...everything was so perfect. I ruined it all." she was crying, not hiding form him at all, letting her emotions overcome her. "I don't know why I've been so stupid."

"Sydney."

"No, let me finish. I didn't understand why I did what I did. Until last night." Vaughn swallowed hard.

"What happened last night?"

"I finally understood." she paused, unsure of how she could tell him the truth. She looked up in his eyes, and didn't see the rage she's seen some minutes later. In his eyes were impatience, curiosity maybe. But nothing near hate. And that made her think that maybe, maybe there was a chance for her to get him back in her life. All she had to do was to be totally honest with him.

"The truth is, I am scared." he was stunned.

"Of me?"

"No, of course not."

"Then what?" she breathed deeply. It was now or never.

"I'm scared of losing you. That something would happen to you. Or that you'd leave me." she couldn't look at him at that moment, ashamed of what she just told him.

"Syd, you..." he paused, searching the right words. "I'd never leave you. Nothing will separate us."

"How can you be sure?" he shrugged.

"I have an instinct." she looked up at him, his words bringing them both in the past, where he had first said them. And for the first time since days, she smiled. A real smile, one of those who reach her eyes, and made them sparkle. Vaughn wasn't mad at her. Even better; he was comforting her, after everything she had done to him.

He stood up and for a second Sydney was afraid he might go away, regretting what he had say. But he didn't; instead, he moved in front of her and bend down, taking her hands in his. His forehead showed he was thinking about what to say next.

"Sydney, I...why didn't you tell me?" she shook her head, looking at their joined hand.

"I didn't know why; and even if I knew, you wouldn't have understood."

"Yes I would have." he protested, but he knew he was wrong. "If you had talked about it, like we always do..."

"That's the problem, Vaughn. We never talk." he frowned. What was she talking about; they did talk, a lot, an about everything. Seeing his confusion she kept explaining.

"We do talk, but just not about us; about work, about other people, but never about us. We don't know each other, Vaughn."

"Sydney-" she didn't stop talking.

"What can you tell about me? What do you really know? Nothing, Vaughn. And I can't tell more about you."

"Sydney, we..." he sighed, trying to find the good words. "You're right, we don't know a lot about each other." he put his hand up, preventing Sydney from speaking again. "But I do know some things about you. I know you want a simple life, I know you need to be outside everyday, and that you can't stay a week without ice cream. I know that you can't stop watching a cartoon when you see the beginning, and that your dvds are in your travel bag in your closet. I know that you can't spend a ay without coffee, but you can live with a granola bar for days. I know the way you smile when you're truly happy, and I know how your eyes sparkle when you watch the sunshine. But Sydney, most of all, I know that I care about you. A lot. And I can't wait to get to know you completely." he looked at her expectantly, holding his breathe, waiting for her answer.

She looked straight into his eyes, as if all her answers were somewhere in the green poll in front of her. How could Vaughn be so reassuring after everything? She had came to his house to apology, hoping that maybe someday he'd forgive her and give her another chance. And now he was the one waiting for her answer, asking her to give them another chance.

"I don't know what I did to be so lucky." she shook her head, mesmerized. How could she had been so blind? She'd pushed him away when all he was asking for was to cherish her, to take care of her, and to love her.

"Well you got your bunch of bad luck for at least your next two lives." she smiled again. It was the second time of the day, and every time he was the one who brought the smile to her lips. She lifted one of his hand to her mouth, kissing it softly.

"So what now?" she asked quietly. Now that they were okay, what would they do? They couldn't go back into the kind of relationship they were before their trip to Santa Barbara, but they couldn't stop seeing each other either. They both needed each other too much.

"How about we take it slow?" she looked up at him; the idea was appealing.

"How about we start with a date? Nothing big or fancy, just the two of us, some little restaurant or a movie, anything you want." she smiled at his proposition.

"I'd like that." she replied nodding.

"It's settled then." he stood up again and brought her up with him, their hands still joined.

"How does tomorrow tonight sounds? Is it too soon or-"

"No, no." she cut him off, shaking her head. "It's perfect." they both smiled at each other, finally happy that things were getting better between them.

"Okay then." Vaughn was now grinning, one hand still holding Sydney's, the other one tucked in his pocket.

"So can I pick you up?"

"Sure." she nodded. It sounded like a first date; they would take things slow this time, get to know each other. But things would be perfect, she knew it.

"Around seven o'clock? Is it okay?"

"It's perfect." she smiled again, and reluctantly let go of his hand, walking toward the door. "I'll see you tomorrow then." she said before opening the door.

"I can't wait." he held the door for her and watched her walk to her car. She was beaming, and so was he. It was impressive how things could go from the worst to the best. In less than an hour they had cleared things up. Of course they still had a lot to talk about, but Vaughn felt as if it was one of the best days of his life. And he had the feeling that every day spend with Sydney would be the best day of his life.

Sci :watsup:

I'm so glad you updated, it made my day!! The chapter was great. I'm happy that they finally cleared things up. Amd the whole taking it slow is a good idea, they can really get to know each other now.
Great Job!

Back