Drama Gothika (2003)

Title: Gothika

Tagline: Because someone is dead doesn't mean they're gone.

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Mathieu Kassovitz

Cast: Halle Berry, Robert Downey Jr., Charles S. Dutton, John Carroll Lynch, Bernard Hill, Penélope Cruz, Dorian Harewood, Bronwen Mantel, Kathleen Mackey, Matthew G. Taylor, Michel Perron, Andrea Sheldon, Anana Rydvald, Laura Mitchell, Amy Sloan, Noël Burton, Benz Antoine, Andy Bradshaw, Jason Cavalier, Jasson Finney, Terry Simpson, Kwasi Songui, Al Vandecruys, Caroline Van Vlaardingen, Noah Bernett

Release: 2003-11-21

Runtime: 98

Plot: After a car crash, a criminal psychologist regains consciousness only to find that she's a patient in the same mental institution that currently employs her. It seems she's been accused of murdering her husband—but she has no memory of committing the crime. As she tries to regain her memory and convince her co-workers of her innocence, a vengeful spirit uses her as an earthly pawn, which further convinces everyone of her guilt.
Gothika (2003)

Hey! There's a new psychological thriller coming out called Gothika starring Halle Berry, Robert Downey, Jr., and Penelope Cruz. Gothika

Directed by actor/director, Matthieu Kassovitz, who also starred in Amelie, directed and acted in La Haine (Hate), and other films, this is one movie that should be a great thriller!

Movie opens on November 21, 2003.

i want to see this! :D "Are you scared?... you should be" :lol:

and in the trailer...the girl was walking like a zombie :Ph34r: freaky stuff...

it looked that girl walking was doing the robot... definitely freaky... somewhere i read that penelope cruz and halle berry wore practically no makeup for the parts where they are in the asylum... interesting

i saw halle berry interviewed on Leno I believe last week and the clip shown from the film makes me want to see it even more! i actually won passes to see an advanced screening of it this wednesday and i'm stoked! i'll let everyone know how it is! oh, and that's really cool about them not wearing much makeup either.

--katie

I just saw it, and it was soooo good! It wasn't too scary, but I'm a wimp so I screamed, and the whole theatre laughed. :lol: But I loved it, DEFINTELY see this movie, it's great!!

defintely worth seeing... it's not really THAT scary, but it was still good. paper schmaper... they don't know what they're talking about. :lol:

i thought it was scary...
definitely a few moments that i nearly screamed!

anywayz, i liked it sooooooooo much and i much prefer Halle Berry in this role as opposed to her Bond role for example.

i definitely recommend checking it out though!!!

--katie