You've just won the lottery . . .

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed in some of the replies. Don't misunderstand but I'm really perplexed by how people (in general) that have won money can just sit back and do nothing for the rest of their lives. Now, I realize that due to most of the members here being older than me, having lived longer and probably having been working for a number of years already you might feel like taking a longer "vacation" but still.

I for one would probably slit my own wrists if I was just sitting around doing nothing. Even travelling would eventually bore me if it was the only thing I was doing.

I would probably start my company up again (yes, I used to have a registered company and yes I realize I'm quite young for such a thing). But this time around I would actually put some real money into it. Probably turn it into Fredin Enterprises Inc. instead and run it as the parent company being involved with a lot of different companies and entrepreneurs. Play around on the stock market on a larger scale (I'm playing around with it already but on a really small scale) and see if I could have some fun with that.

Of course I would still travel the world, see as much as I possibly could and enjoy the "finer things in life" but I could never do just that and not have other things going on as well. Idealistic youth :rolleyes:

O my,, this is a tough one...
Lets see. So I would probably buy a private jet/beach house in Hawaii...then purchase a condo for my mom.
Ooh, buy a nice shiny red car...
Set up a fund for when I have kids so they can go to college, be fully supported.

That's all in the first hour:roflmao:

It depends on the amount... But yeah - I dream about hitting the lottery - I suppose we all do...

If the amount is the insanity of powerball $100,000,000+ My first order of business would be to buy my mother a house. We'd go house-hunting, interior decorator shopping, the whole 9 yards and a few inches... I'd make sure the place was furnished from head-to-toe as to give thanks for all the unconditional support my Mom has shown me over the years. Perhaps would throw in a couple brandnew houses and cars for my brothers as well.

After the shopping expeditions - I would then book us a 2-3 month European vacation of extravagant proportions. First stop = Italy... I was fortunate enough to travel there my senior year highschool and have always wanted to get back.

My Mom has never been in an airplane or even out of the country. So this would be thrilling to show her Rome, Pompeii, Florence, Vatican City - hit all the museums...

Yeah - I've been dreaming about hitting the lottery bigtime. Who wants to donate a handful of lottery tickets?! LOL

J.

I'm sure I would improve my own material standard of living, but I hope I'd also make a substantial contribution to those in desperate poverty in the 3rd world.

I'd start a hosting company that would offer free solutions to start-up companies. People would have to apply, explaining their projects and their goals etc. If they qualified they'd be offered free hosting solutions for up to two years. Allowing them to start their companies up without the required funds.

We're not talking small things like basic hosting accounts either. We're talking a data center dedicated to these projects.

Back