It Was For The Best - Part 2

Ha! I love Katya! :P But Kendall is not fun. I like the bantering between Jack and Katya. :lol:

“Does that mean you want to destroy Jack and Irina?”

“Absolutely. Nothing would give me greater pleasure. But we are equal partners in this. You don’t control me or call the shots.”
Oh no, now here comes the bad guys ! :blink: I'll bet that is Sloane and Sark, right ? :thinking:

Another great chapter. Poor Kendall has his hands full. At least he has his friends after they get done laughing of course. Sloane finally making an appearance?? Sark?? I am looking foward to the next update.

Umm I can't find chap 3 I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

I love this story please keep updating and I can't wait to see chap three.

Umm I can't find chap 3 I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

I love this story please keep updating and I can't wait to see chap three.
I can see chapter 3 just fine. It was posted on the 19th. Before that sleepy1t had posted, and after chapter 3 Irina_Derevko_Bristow posted. If you still can't see it, let me know and I'll send you the chapter by PM. :smiley:

It Was For The Best - Part 2.

The next update is here. It might not be too exciting, but some chapters have to be informative, when more than four years have passed between the first and the second story. Thank you all for reading and for the lovely comments.

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: As usual I'm not giving anything away. :lol: Yeah, I can tell you're a Sark fan. Well, Sark did after all help Sloane in Mongolia. Yeah, Chase's not being nice. Wonder if she'll ever come around. Katya loves pushing Kendall's buttons. Don't know if she's mean - she's just having fun.

Dlenafan: Oh yes, bad guys, and that's definitely not good. I'm not giving anything away, but feel free to guess. It'll be a long time before I reveal anything. I'm glad you like Katya. She's just having a little fun. :lol: Or a lot. :lol: Chase is not really jealous about not getting any notes, but she just doesn't believe that Irina has changed, so she's bound to get pissed at everything Irina does.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: I'm not giving anything away. How much on Irina's side can Sark be when he helped Sloane escape in Mongolia.

nicewoman: Glad you love Katya. Kendall's not a bad guy - he's in fact really sweet. He might not be much fun at the moment, but that's because he doesn't have a comeback to throw at Katya. At one point he'll be able to do something to her that's going to really piss her off. I'm glad you like the banter between her and Jack. They get on great with each other, but they do throw these remarks at each other, though they're never hurtful. Bad guys indeed will be really bad eventually. Not saying who they are just yet. :lol:

sleepy1t: Thank you. Yes, Kendall doesn't have it easy. Wonder if he ever will. I'm not saying who those guys at the end of the last chapter are just yet.

cespedes: I'm glad you love the story. Thank you.

Chapter 4
A week later Jack and Irina went to pick up the triplets from school. Sergei, who mostly picked up the triplets if he wasn’t working, would be away for another week and a half working. Whenever Jack or Irina had the time, they’d pick up the triplets themselves. Then they’d either take them to soccer practice or piano lessons depending on the day of the week. If the triplets didn’t have anywhere to be, they’d bring them home, and Sergei would be there to take care of them, if they had to return to work. If he was away working, a trusted agent would look after them until Jack and Irina got home. Other times the triplets would go home with friends and they would be picked up at their friends’ houses.

As Jack and Irina got out of their car they saw Annie, the mother of a friend of the triplets from one of the other classes. When the triplets had started school almost every parent in the school was a little shocked to learn that Jack and Irina were parents to the triplets. Word traveled fast. Most of the teachers had been surprised too. Some had made comments behind Jack and Irina’s backs about their ages, which Jack and Irina had ignored. But others had recovered from the shock and some now got on very well with them. Jack and Irina didn’t really socialize much with the parents of their children’s friends, when it had nothing to do with school, but there were some parents that they saw more than others. Annie was one of those people. Her daughter Tracy was friends with the triplets even if she wasn’t in the same class as them. Once in a while Jack and Irina would have dinner with Annie and her husband Sean, and their children would play together while the grown ups talked over coffee after dinner.

“Hi Jack. Hi Irina.” Annie smiled at them and they smiled back.

“Hi Annie.”

“So where’s Sergei?”

“Off in the Brazilian rainforest to take pictures. He’ll be back in a week and a half.”

“Wow, how fascinating. You definitely have to tell me more about his trip when he comes home.” Irina nodded. “I’m actually glad that you’re here today, because I wanted to talk to you about the parents’ night next month. I’m one the people in charge of getting some of the parents to help, so I wondered if you’re not too busy, if you could bake some cakes, and get some other things needed for the evening.”

“At the moment I don’t think we’ll be too busy to help out. But of course you never know.” None of the parents of the friends and classmates of the triplets of course knew that Jack and Irina worked for the CIA. They all believed that they worked for a company that had dealings allover the world, which was why Jack and Irina often had busy work schedules and sometimes had to go abroad. Irina turned to Jack. He smiled at her and then looked at Annie.

“No, I don’t expect us to be too busy. If we know which things to get now, we can buy them, and make sure that they’re at the school in time, in case we don’t have much time to shop in the days before parents’ night.”

“That’s great to hear. Do you have a pen and paper? I can tell you some of the things to get, and just call you with the rest of the things later.”

“We have a pen and a sheet of paper in the car.” Irina motioned to walk over to the car as Jack looked at his watch.

“Would it be alright if I went along to the classroom? I just want to be there in case the kids are let out early” Irina smiled lovingly at Jack and Annie couldn’t help but smile either. She worked in child services and dealt with parents neglecting their children all the time, so she was happy whenever she was around loving parents. To her, Jack and Irina were some of the most loving parents in the world.

“Go ahead sweetheart. I’ll take care of this and be with you shortly.”

“I have to pick up Tracy too, so this shouldn’t take long.” Jack nodded at both women and left.

As Jack rounded the last corner not far from the classroom, he saw some of the mothers of the other children in the class. The group of women consisted of Michelle, a bleached blond haired woman in her mid thirties, who was waiting for her son Jeff, a good friend of the triplets. Tanya, also in her mid-thirties, who dyed her hair black and who was waiting for her daughter, Brianna. Shelley, likewise in her mid-thirties, who dyed her hair red, and who was waiting for her daughter Ashley. Penny, a woman in her early thirties, with brown hair and highlights, who was waiting for her daughter Cindy. And Carol, also in her early thirties, who also dyed her hair black, was waiting for her son Preston.

To Jack they were mothers of other children, but to Irina they were Blondie and the Bimbos. All five women had a thing for Jack, which Jack was completely oblivious to. None of the women liked Irina. They were all jealous of her, because she was married to Jack and he always gave her his full attention and never paid any attention to their advances and flirting. They couldn’t understand why Jack was with someone, who in their eyes was so old, when he could have someone so much younger. Michelle, Shelley, and Carol were all still married, but it didn’t stop them from making advances at Jack or flirting with him. Irina didn’t like them drooling allover her husband, so she was always very possessive of him, whenever they were around.

Jack was likewise possessive of Irina when it came to Michelle’s husband Stan, or any guy making advances or flirting with his wife. But Stan was the worst. He was always around Irina whenever all parents were together for an activity at school. He tried to make advances at her and tried touching her every chance he got, even if it just meant a hand on her shoulder. Irina was just as disgusted by Stan as Jack was, and she avoided him as much as possible, and always made sure to be close to Jack, which wasn’t hard, because Jack was always around Irina when Stan was near her. Both Jack and Irina couldn’t understand how such two people like Michelle and Stan, could have such a sweet son like Jeff. Jeff often spent time with the triplets, but Michelle and Stan were not some of the parents that Jack and Irina socialized with.

Michelle spotted Jack and nudged at the others. When Jack reached the women he smiled. Michelle moved a little ahead of the other women. “Hi Jack. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen you.” Jack shrugged.

“Well, I’ve been busy at work, but had the time to pick up the kids today.”

“There’s nothing better than a loving father. Isn’t that right ladies?” They all nodded and said yes, while Jack just smiled. Carol moved a bit closer to Jack.

“You really are a loving father Jack. I wish Brad would be a loving father like you to Preston and Haley, but he’s often too busy with work, and often too busy to take care of me.”

“Well, with Brad being a pilot, his job is bound to take him away a lot. But I’ve seen him with his children, and he seems like a very caring dad to me.” The answer annoyed Carol a little even though Jack was right, but she hid it quickly. Brad was away a lot, but a good father. But she wanted to have Jack’s compassion, so she had lied. She shrugged.

“Well, you always see him when all parents and children are together with the kids for something regarding school. He’s really different when we’re at home.” Jack had talked with Brad on a few occasions, and knew Carol wasn’t being completely honest. As any other father, Jack wanted to get to know the parents of the children the triplets went to school with. But as father, working in intelligence, he wanted to get to know the parents to make sure his children were safe. Brad and Carol were not someone Jack and Irina socialized with either, but from the time they’d spent together, Brad had never struck Jack as a bad person. He just shrugged. Michelle moved even closer to Jack.

“Jack have you been working out? You really look like you’ve been working out. You look so buff and fit.” Jack looked down at himself and just shook his head.

“Well, I work out, but I don’t think I’ve changed that much lately. I’ve looked this way for a long time.”

“Well, you certainly look strong, healthy, firm, and muscular. Are you dropping your kids off anywhere after class? It’s just if you do, you and I could go somewhere for coffee, and you could tell me how you work out. I’ve been looking to get into a better shape, but I just don’t know how to do it.” Michelle stretched out a little, hoping that Jack would get a good look at her already fit body and comment on it. He however, was only looking her in the eyes to her great disappointment.

“Thanks for the offer, but Irina and I are spending the day with the kids. We were able to take the rest of the day off, so we want to take advantage of that and use the time with them.” The women looked at each other a little annoyed. Michelle turned her attention back to Jack.

“Irina? Irina’s here?” She tried not to sound jealous.

“Yes, I’m right here.” Irina rounded the corner. She’d been standing there for a while, hearing how the women were all drooling over Jack. She’d been waiting for the right moment to make her presences know, and by the look on the women’s faces, she chose the perfect moment. She walked up to Jack and put a possessive arm around him. He didn’t think that it was more than a loving gesture, and he put his arm around her too. She gave him a kiss, which she could sense made the other women look away. “I missed you.” He returned the loving smile she was giving him.

“I missed you too.” She turned her attention to the women.

“Hello ladies.” They all just nodded at her, not really attempting to smile. “Yes, Jack works out. In fact we work out together and in more ways and positions than one, if you catch my drift.” She winked at them, they gaped at her, and Jack’s face turned a little red. “Oh, and I can attest to him being firm, fit, and muscular.” She ran her other hand up and down his chest. The women gaped even more and were quite jealous, while Jack turned a darker shade of red. She gave him a kiss on the cheek as the bell rang. Irina looked at the women again. “Saved by the bell, ladies.” She smiled triumphantly as she received annoyed looks from the five women.

A few seconds later the hall was flooded with children. The triplets spotted Jack and Irina and smiled broadly at them. They went to them and got a kiss and a hug. Caitie looked between her parents. “Can we go to the carrousel at the park for a little while? We’ve done most of our homework for tomorrow.” Jack and Irina looked at each other and smiled. Irina tucked a loose strand of hair behind Caitie’s ear.

“Of course we can sweetheart.” The triplets were excited and gave their parents another hug. Blondie and the Bimbos looked on jealous when Jack took Irina by the hand and left the school with the triplets.

They had a great time at the park and when they got home the triplets did their homework, while Jack and Irina looked on and helped them in case they needed it. After they were done with the homework they spent some time outside playing. The triplets were now watching the rest of a cartoon, while Jack and Irina were making the rest of the dinner. Irina got out the dishes and glasses and put them on the counter, while Jack was putting a salad together. She looked at him.

“Why don’t you ever tell women to stop flirting with you?” Jack turned and looked at her curiously.

“What? Who’s been flirting with me?” Irina rolled her eyes.

“Blondie and the Bimbos.” He kept looking at her curiously, but then he realized who she was referring to.

“Oh, you mean the moms, who were waiting for their children.” She rolled her eyes again.

“Yes Jack, those bimbos. I hope no other women have been flirting with you.” He laughed.

“No, no women have been flirting with me, and I’m not even sure that Michelle and the other women were flirting with me.” He went back to making the salad.

“Oh honestly. How many times do I have to tell you that those bimbos are flirting with you? It’s been going on for such a long time that you should realize it by now.” Jack chopped the cucumber and didn’t really pay any attention to the words coming out of his mouth.

“Sweetheart, I only have eyes for you. I don’t pay any attention to other women, so I really don’t know when someone is flirting with me.” Irina smiled lovingly. She went over to Jack, took the knife out of his hand to his confusion, took his face in her hands and kissed him passionately. When their lips parted he looked at her confused.

“What was that for?” She laughed a little.

“Don’t you realize what you just said?” He went back in his mind, and smiled when he realized what he said. She gave him another kiss and put her arms around his neck. He put his arms around her waist.

“I didn’t pay much attention to what I was saying, because it just comes natural to me that I only have eyes for you.” He gave her a soft kissed and they kept smiling at each other.

“Yeah, I know that it’s natural for you, but it’s still wonderful to hear.” They grinned a little, before returning to making out. The triplets walked into the kitchen and only glanced briefly at their parents. Then Maddie grabbed the plates, Ethan got the glasses, and Caitie got the knives and forks from the drawer. It was natural for them to see their parents making out all the time that they didn’t pay much attention to it. They were happy that their parents were in love, and they were never grossed out by how much their parents were kissing each other.

After dinner they’d played in the back yard. Later Jack looked at his watch. “I think I’m just going to get the juice, and we can all sit out here and have a glass before your bedtime.” The all nodded and Jack started to leave.

“I want to help.” Jack stopped, bended his knees, and Ethan got up on his back. Jack ran with Ethan until they reach the door and they both laughed. “Daddy?”

“Yes.”

“Have you thought about where you and mommy are going for Valentine’s Day?” Jack smiled.

“No, not yet.”

“You do realize Valentine’s Day is only two weeks away, right?” Jack let out a laugh.

“Yes, I do realize that.”

“You and mommy could go to your special place on the beach.”

The first time Jack and Irina had gone to their cave on the beach after they got back from their honeymoon, the triplets had asked where they were going. Jack and Irina had told them that they had a special place on the beach, and had then showed them the picture on the mantle from their seventh wedding anniversary and told them that the picture had been taken at that place. Now also the rest of their family and their friends knew they had a special place on the beach, but the location was still a secret to everyone and would remain that. Jack smiled.

“Yeah, that’s always a possibility.”

“Have you gotten mommy a present yet?” Jack put Ethan down when they got to the kitchen, and gave him a kiss on the head.

“No, I haven’t taken care of that either. But you know mommy and I aren’t getting each other any big gifts, so I’m sure I’ll be able to find something.” Ethan smiled as Jack handed him the juice.

“Yeah, I know daddy. I just like hearing what you get for mommy whenever you’re getting her a present, and where you’re taking her whenever you go anywhere.” Jack smiled at his son.

“When I know where we’re going and what I’m getting her, I’ll tell you like I always do.” Ethan nodded and smiled, and he and Jack went back to the back yard.

Two days later Jack was waiting for Ethan, who had just finished soccer practice. He noticed Michelle and Carol coming towards him. However, someone else noticed them coming towards Jack too, and she just reached him before they did, walking up behind Jack.

“Hi Jack.” Jack turned and smiled when he saw Carrie. She greeted him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Michelle and Carol sent a few angry looks in Carrie’s direction. Mitchell was on the same soccer team as Ethan, Jeff, and Preston, so Blondie and the Bimbos knew that Marshall and Carrie were great friends with Jack and Irina. Michelle and Carol had told the other bimbos about Carrie, and they had even seen her a few times at soccer matches. Everyone was jealous that she had such a great friendship with Jack. Instead of walking up to Jack, Michelle and Carol left. Jack noticed them leave and let out a small laugh.

“Hi Carrie. I take your greeting had something to do with Michelle and Carol being on their way over to see me?”

“Jack, you’re my friend. I often greet my friends like that.” He cocked an eyebrow at her and looked amused.

“You don’t greet me like that every day at the office. Yes, you do greet me like that sometimes, when we get together out of the office, but since we saw each other a little while ago at work, I don’t think you would’ve greeted me like that if Michelle and Carol hadn’t been on their way over.” Carrie nodded.

“Well, no point in hiding anything from you.” He shook his head and they both laughed. “I’m just standing up for Irina. She’s my friend and I’m not about to let those bimbos get anywhere near her man.” Jack laughed a little harder at that.

“I’ll make sure to let Irina know, you were looking out for me.” A few seconds later Ethan, Mitchell, and everyone else left practice and went to their parents. Both Ethan and Mitchell smiled when they spotted Jack and Carrie.

“Hi mommy.” Mitchell got a hug and a kiss from his mother.

“Hi sweetie.”

“Hi daddy.” Ethan got the same treatment from his father.

“Hi sweetheart.” Ethan then looked at Carrie and Mitchell looked at Jack.

“Hi aunt Carrie.”

“Hi sweetie.”

“Hi uncle Jack.”

“Hi buddy. How did practice go?”

“It was great. I made a goal and Ethan made two.” Jack and Carrie smiled proudly.

“That’s our boys. We should get going sweetie. We have to pick up your siblings. See you tomorrow Jack. Bye Ethan.”

“Bye aunt Carrie. Bye Mitchell.” Mitchell smiled back at Ethan and Jack.

“Bye Ethan. Bye uncle Jack.” Jack and Ethan waved at Carrie and Mitchell.

“Bye Mitchell. See you tomorrow Carrie.” Carrie and Mitchell walked off to their car in one direction, while Jack and Ethan walked off to their car in the other direction. When Jack and Ethan got in the car, Jack smiled back at his son. “I’ve made plans for where mommy and I are going for Valentine’s Day.” Ethan smiled broadly and was very excited.

“Where are you going daddy?”

“We’re going to the inn where we got married.” Ethan smiled broader. “Nothing was booked, so I was able to get the cottage.”

“Mommy’s going to love that.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Have you thought about what to get her yet?” Jack let out a small laugh.

“No, not yet. But the minute I know, I’ll let you know.” Ethan grinned.
“Okay daddy.”

The next day Irina and Nadia had lunch together. Irina sometimes had lunch with her or Sydney, and sometimes all three of them had lunch together. Likewise Jack sometimes had lunch with Nadia alone and Sydney alone, and other times he’d have lunch with both of them. It was a way for Jack and Irina to spend some alone time with their two oldest children. If they had the time, they’d have lunch outside of the office, and if not they’d have lunch together at one of their desks or in Jack’s office. Sometimes all four of them would have lunch together.

“Are you and Eric going anywhere for Valentine’s Day?” Nadia shrugged.

“I don’t know. We’ve talked about it, and Kendall offered to look after Becky and David. He said he could talk to Sergei and suggest that the two of them take care of them, the triplets, Isabelle, Sarah, and Nicholas. That way Sydney and Vaughn could go out too.”

“That’s nice of him to offer.” Nadia nodded. “Sergei would definitely not mind. Did Kendall ask Sydney and Michael?”

“I talked to him before you and I left APO, and he said he’d talk to them. I guess by the time we get back, he’ll have talked to them.” She took a sip of her water. “Kendall only offered today to look after Becky and David, so Eric and I haven’t had that much time to think about it. But I guess it would be nice to go out for a couple of hours.” Irina smiled lovingly at her daughter.

“I know that you and Eric don’t really like to be away from the kids. It’s the same way with Sydney and Michael and your father and me.” Nadia smiled back. “But sometimes it’s nice to have an evening to yourselves, and it’s then so much greater to come back home again.”

“Yeah, I know. Eric and I haven’t really been anywhere alone since David was born, so I think it’d be a good idea to take Kendall up on his offer.” Irina nodded. “So have you and dad made any plans yet? Or I guess the question should be, if dad has made any plans yet.” Irina let out a small laugh.

“Something tells me that he has, but that he also won’t tell me until we’re on our way to our destination.” Nadia laughed and Irina laughed a little too and then smiled lovingly. “But by now I’ve gotten used to him not telling me where we’re going. He’s being romantic and it’s sweet.” Nadia smiled at the look in her mother’s eyes. She always loved to see the love her parents had in their eyes for each other.

“Have you gotten him a present yet?”

“I’ve been able to get my hands on some old historical books that your father has wanted for so many years. Whenever he was away in the beginning of our marriage, he would look for these books while he was out buying a book for me. But he never managed to find the books.”

“That’s great mom. How did you find them?”

“I found them in a little bookshop in a small town we were visiting, when we were at the cabin for Christmas. I found them between Christmas and New Year, so it was too late to give them to him as a present for Christmas. I thought about giving them to him right after I found them, but also thought they’d make a great gift. So I sent them to Sergei, and he’s been keeping them for me ever since. I thought about giving them to him for his birthday, but Valentine’s Day came sooner, and I just can’t wait any longer.” Nadia smiled at how her mother was so excited to give her father the books. “And I’m also giving him a t-shirt.” Nadia looked at her mother curiously.

“A t-shirt? Why a t-shirt?”

“It’s not so much the t-shirt. It’s the message on the t-shirt, and that’s not really for your father, but for someone else.” There was a glint in her mother’s eyes that Nadia couldn’t quite explain. She didn’t really want to ask about it, but just thought it was one of those little jokes her parents shared. She just smiled and nodded.

When Irina and Nadia returned to APO, Nadia walked over to Sydney who was standing by the coffee maker. Sydney looked up at Nadia and smiled at her. “Hi. How was lunch with mom?”

“Great as always. We talked about Valentine’s Day.”

“Yeah, Kendall said he’d offered to take care of Becky and David and that he could look after them with Sergei, who’d be taken care of the triplets. He also said they could take care of Isabelle, Sarah, and Nicholas. But from what he said you and Eric hadn’t decided on whether or not to take him up on that offer.” Nadia shook her head.

“No we haven’t. He only asked us this morning, so we haven’t had much time to think about it. But after talking with mom, I think it’ll be a great idea to take him up on the offer. It’ll only be for a couple of hours.” Sydney nodded. “Are you and Vaughn going to take him up on the offer?”

“Yes. We talked it over for a while, and finally decided to take him up on the offer. We haven’t really been alone out of the house since Nicholas was born, so it’ll be nice to be alone for a little while. And like you said, it’ll only be for a few hours.” Nadia nodded.

“Of course, I still have to talk it over with Eric, but I don’t expect it to be a problem.” Sydney smiled.

“I’m sure it won’t be. As much as you and Eric both want to be with your kids, I also don’t think that Eric would mind having you to himself for a few hours.” They both grinned a little. Nadia noticed Eric.

“If you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll just go and talk to Eric now.” Sydney nodded. After Nadia left, she spotted Vaughn talking with Marshall, and she decided to go and talk to him, so that they could make plans for Valentine’s Day themselves.

Nearly a week later, Jack was picking Ethan up from soccer practice again. He noticed Michelle and Carol, and wasn’t all that thrilled about seeing them coming near him. Jeff had been to Jack and Irina’s house to play with the triplets a few days ago, and Jack had given Jeff a ride home. Michelle had been outside when they arrived, and he thought she was a bit clingy once Jeff had gone inside. Jack had felt uncomfortable, excused himself quickly saying he wanted to get back home, because he missed Irina. He could tell that Michelle hadn’t been too thrilled to hear that. He didn’t think there was any way to escape Michelle and Carol, and was about to step closer, when he heard the sound of a car horn. He turned and smiled when he saw Marshall pulling into the spot next to his own car.

“Hi Jack.” Marshall waved at Jack, and he couldn’t help but smile.

“Hi Marshall.” He looked in Michelle and Carol’s direction, and could see that they turned around and left. He laughed a little.

“What are you laughing about?” Marshall looked at him curiously.

“Oh it’s just Michelle and Carol. They were on their way over, but turned around and left, which I’m actually quite relieved about.”

“I think they left because of me. I think I make them a little uncomfortable, because I sometimes ramble too much, and sometimes start to sweat. I don’t think they like me very much. They think I’m weird.” Jack laughed a little more. He’d noticed that they didn’t really like Marshall when they’d all been to watch their children’s soccer matches. They always seem to leave whenever Marshall was around.

“Well it’s their problem that they don’t know what a great guy you are.” Marshall beamed at Jack’s comment. Although they’d been great friends for the last couple of years, it still meant the world to Marshall to hear the great Jack Bristow tell him that.

“Here come our boys.” Jack turned and saw that Ethan and Mitchell were running towards them. They boys received hugs and kisses from their fathers, and a greeting from their uncles. “How was practice?” The boys smiled.

“We each scored a goal uncle Marshall.” Marshall put his hands up in triumphant and then gave both boys a high five. Jack smiled proudly and also gave the boys a high five.

“That’s great.” Jack looked at his watch. “We should probably get going. Uncle Sergei is coming home today, and he’s coming over for dinner. I promised mommy we’d go to the store on our way home to get a few things.”

“Then we won’t keep you waiting. Say hi to everyone. Bye guys.” Marshall and Mitchell gave a wave and smiled. Jack and Ethan smiled back, and Ethan waved too.

“You too, Marshall. Bye.” Jack and Ethan got in the car, and Jack turned in his seat, so that he could look at Ethan who was in the back. “I got a present for mommy for Valentine’s Day.” Ethan smiled broadly.

“What did you get her daddy?” Jack pulled out a small velvet bag from his inner pocket. He took out an old necklace and handed it to Ethan. He looked at it and after a few seconds smiled at his father. “It’s beautiful daddy. Mommy’s going to love it.” Jack smiled lovingly at his son.

“I think so too. I found it today at an antique shop. It’s Russian, so I think mommy will really love that.” Ethan smiled and nodded. He handed the necklace back to his father and Jack put it back, in the velvet bag. He gave Ethan the bag. “I trust you have a safe place in your room where you can hide this for me?” Ethan smiled proudly and nodded.

“Yes, I have the perfect place. Mommy won’t be able to find it.” Jack smiled even more. Whenever Jack bought a present for Irina and it wasn’t that big, Ethan, who was always told what his father was getting his mother, would hide Jack’s present. It was something Jack only shared with his son. It had been like this since their first Christmas together. Jack had taken Ethan with him, when he went to buy Irina’s Christmas presents. Ethan had promised to keep quiet about the presents, and he had felt so proud when Jack had trusted him to find a good hiding place for the earrings he’d bought for Irina. Since then Jack had included Ethan in all presents he bought for Irina. It was one of those things that made their father/son relationship so special.

“I’m glad.” Jack gave his son one last smile before he turned in his seat, and they drove off to the store.

TBC.

Great update,
I like the slowness - don't really know what else to call it :confused: - of this chapter, it's just nice to get a better view of the family and its' dynamics.
I love that they are so possessive of eachother - I wonder what that T-shirt is gonna say, maybe something like "Stay the hell away!" or "My man!" :lol:

Thanks for the PM, I look forward to the next update.

Next chapter is here. Thank you all for reading and for the very lovely comments. It all means so much. :smiley:

nicewoman: Glad you like the name Irina has for those bimbos. :lol: You'll find out what the message is in this chapter.

Dlenafan: Thank you. I think I know what you mean. :lol: And thank you very much for saying that. :smiley: I think it's important to show Jack and Irina as parents and what goes on in their children's lives since they're almost 8. I also think it's important to show Sydney, Nadia etc with their families. More than 4 years have passed between the first and this story, so it's important to show some of that too, and how close the main characters have become. It's important to show the little things. They indeed are very possessive of each other. None of them are interested in anyone else, so they'll never act on other people's flirting. But that doesn't mean that they're not jealous. :lol: Yeah, the t-shirt will say something like that. :lol:

Chapter 5
Jack, Irina, the triplets, and Sergei had a great evening together. Sergei talked eagerly about his trip and everyone was very excited to hear about it. Like every time he went away, he brought presents home for everyone. The triplets had been enjoying their presents until it was their bedtime. Sergei stayed for a little while longer before he decided to go home.

“I should get home. It’s getting late. You need to get up early and I could use some sleep.” They all got up and started walking to the hall.

“So, you’re still alright with you and Kendall taking care of all the kids here on Valentine’s Day?” Sergei nodded.

“Yes absolutely. Tell him to give me a call tomorrow, and we can make the final arrangements.”

“Okay, we’ll do that.” Sergei put on his jacket.

“I’ll walk you out to your car.”

“Okay, then I’ll get ready for bed. Great to have you back Sergei. See you tomorrow.” Jack and Sergei gave each other a quick hug.

“Thanks Jack. See you tomorrow.” Jack started to walk upstairs as Irina and Sergei walked outside to Sergei’s car. When they stood by his car, he turned to Irina and smiled. “I take it, you walking me to my car, has something to do with Jack’s Valentine’s Day present?” Irina let out a small laugh.

“Yes. I thought that I could meet you in the driveway when you come over, and I could get the present. I can then put it in my overnight bag that I’ll have in the car.” Sergei nodded.

“Good plan. So have Jack said anything about where you’re going?” Irina shook her head smiling.

“No, not yet. All I know, is that we’ll be away overnight, like we always are.” Sergei laughed a little.

“Not surprising that he hasn’t said where you’re going.” They both laughed a little. “I should get home. Bye Irina.” They gave each other a hug.

“Bye Sergei. See you tomorrow.” Irina watched Sergei leave, and then walked back inside. When she got upstairs she checked in on the triplets and then went to her bedroom. Jack smiled at her when she entered and she smiled back at him. She went to the bathroom to get ready for bed, as Jack got under the covers.

“It was great to hear about Sergei’s trip. I look forward to seeing the pictures.” He talked a little louder so that she could hear him in the bathroom.

“Yes it was, and I look forward to seeing the pictures too.” She also spoke a little louder, so that he could hear her too. “I think he and Kendall will have a fun evening with the kids on Valentine’s Day.”

“Oh yeah absolutely. They’ll spoil all the kids rotten.” He heard Irina laughing from the bathroom. A few seconds later she came out. Jack sat up in the bed to get a better look at her. Whenever they didn’t undress each other, he always loved seeing her take her clothes off when they went to bed. That’s why he usually got under the covers first. He smiled from ear to ear, and Irina shook her head a little at him laughing.

“You know this isn’t really fair. The last couple of nights, you’ve gotten under the covers first, and got to see me undress. When do I get to get under the covers first, so I can see you undress?” Jack shrugged.

“Can I help it if I’m quick in getting to bed?” They both laughed. Irina took off her clothes with Jack watching her very intently. Although she loved watching Jack undress, she also didn’t mind having him watching her undress. She loved having him watch her, and loved that he still found her so attractive. She got under the covers and kissed him.

“Tomorrow you’re getting under the covers last.” Jack nodded.

“Okay, it’s a deal.” He kissed her. “But just so you know, I’ll be going to the bathroom after you’ve undressed.” She slapped him playfully on the chest, and they laughed.

“Then we might as well undress each other tomorrow.” Jack looked at her seductively.

“I like the sound of that.” She saw the hunger in his eyes. She spoke to him huskily.

“In that case, I think we should get a head start on what’s to come tomorrow, after we’ve undressed each other.” He leaned in closer and smiled.

“I like the sound of that too.” They kissed passionately and deeply, and it would be a while, before they decided to sleep.

Everyone at APO was excited about Valentine’s Day. Sydney and Vaughn were going to one of their favorite restaurants near the beach. Afterwards they’d be spending the rest of the evening on the beach. Nadia and Eric were also going out to dinner, to a Spanish restaurant, where they could dance. Marshall and Carrie were going out to dinner and a movie, while Marshall’s mother would be taking care of their children. Dixon would be spending a quiet evening at home with Chase, seeing as she was getting home from work late, and Stephen and Robin wouldn’t be home. However, for some the day didn’t start off that well. The phone rang and woke a very sleepy Kendall, and it took a few rings before he answered.

“Kendall.”

“That took you long enough. Do you realize that I could’ve been dead before you bothered to answer the phone?”

“Katya?”

“You should really get yourself a hearing aid, if you’re not sure who you’re talking to. Yes, it’s me.” Kendall groaned and ran a hand over his head. He looked at his digital alarm clock. Then he got a little annoyed.

“Why are you calling me at 2.00 in the morning?”

“It’s 10.00 in the morning.”

“What?” Now it was Katya’s turn to be a little annoyed with Kendall. She spoke louder.

“I said, it’s 10.00 in the morning. You should really get a hearing aid.” Kendall got out of bed at once. He was a bit more awake, but not enough that he realized that his bedroom was still too dark for it to be 10.00 in the morning. He didn’t turn on the lights as he went to his window, and because of that he stumbled hard into his bed with his foot.

“Ow. Son of a bitch.”

“Excuse me? What did you just call me?” Katya spoke harshly as Kendall groaned from the pain in his foot.

“I wasn’t talking to you.” He pulled away the curtains and groaned even more when he saw that it was still dark outside. “Katya, it’s still dark outside. It can’t be 10.00 in the morning.”

“I’m in London and it’s 10.00 in the morning here. I never said it wasn’t 2.00 in the morning in LA.” He let out a frustrated grunt.

“Why are you calling me at this hour? Are you in trouble?” She got even more annoyed.

“Me, in trouble?”

“Yes. I’m your contact person, and you’re calling me at this hour. What else am I supposed to think?”

“First of all, I don’t get into trouble. I work for the CIA, so how on earth am I supposed to be in trouble when I don’t go out on missions? Second of all, should I find myself in some kind of predicament, I’m smart enough not to get caught. Need I remind you that I’m a Derevko? And third of all, if I was in some kind of trouble, why would I bother calling you? I would call Jack. He’s a director, while you’re merely an assistant director.”

“Fine, fine. So you’re not in trouble. But why are you calling me at 2.00 in the morning?”

“While it’s 2.00 in the morning in LA, it’s 10.00 in the morning here in London, and believe it or not, but some of us actually have work to do. I’m been assigned to a case that’s more of a five person’s job, than just one. The report has to be done by tomorrow, so you’ll be assisting me.”

“What?”

“Honestly, you need to get yourself a hearing aid.” He groaned even more frustrated.

“I can hear perfectly fine. Why do you need my assistance? Surely there are people in London who can help you.”

“No, there aren’t. You agreed to be my contact person, and you’re the one I’m supposed to turn to if I need anything. Well, I need you to look things up on the CIA database and the internet in general. So I suggest you make yourself some coffee, because we have a lot of work to do.” He shook his head in frustration.

“Fine. I’ll put on some coffee and turn on the computer.”

Katya had been talking Kendall’s ear off, telling him to look up this and that, and annoyed him plenty that he hadn’t noticed the time. He could hear a knock on the door at Katya’s end.

“That’s my tea. Hang on.” She got back a few minutes later. “Proceed.”

“What time is it?”

“Are you referring to my time or yours?” He gave her an annoyed grunt.

“My time.”

“Surely you have a watch or a clock.” He grunted again, knowing she had a point. He hadn’t put his watch on, but he had a clock in his office. He looked at it.

“Oh felgercarb. It’s 7.30. I have to be at work in thirty minutes. Katya you have to find out the rest on your own.”

“I most certainly will not. You’re my contact person, and you’re obligated to help me.”

“I have to get to work.”

“We can continue this when you’re at work. But we still have a lot of work to do, so I’ll expect you at APO within long.”

“It’ll be at least an hour before I get there.”

“Fine. I’ll call you at 8.30.”

“Hang on. I said at least an hour.”

“All you get is an hour. So I suggest you hurry, and don’t leave me waiting.” With that she hung up the phone. Kendall looked at the phone for a few seconds and then hung up. He rubbed his head and gave out a frustrated grunt, before getting up from his chair.

Nearly an hour later at APO Dixon walked up to Jack and Irina, who were standing by the coffee maker. He smiled at them and they smiled back. “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Marcus.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day. Can I get you a cup of coffee?”

“Yeah, thanks Jack.” Jack poured Dixon a cup of coffee, while Dixon looked around a bit. “Have you guys seen Kendall?” Jack handed Dixon his coffee.

“There was a note from him saying he was running late, but he didn’t give any explanation why he was late.” Just then Irina spotted Kendall.

“He’s here now.” Kendall walked straight for the coffee. “Happy Valentine’s Day Kendall.” They all smiled at him, but he wasn’t really smiling back.

“Yeah, yeah. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“What’s wrong with you? You look like hell, and you don’t seem to be in a very good mood.” He took a sip of his coffee, and then pointed at Irina.

“Your nutcase of a sister called me at 2.00, and I’ve been on the phone with her ever since.” Jack and Dixon laughed a little, while Irina looked at him curiously.

“Katya called you? Why did she call you?” He took another sip.

“She’d been assigned to a case that was more of a five person’s job, than a job for one. She said that as her contact person, I was obligated to help her.”

“Really?” Irina was surprised to hear that.

“Yeah. I’ve been looking things up on the CIA database and on the internet all night. It didn’t help that I’d only gotten less than an hour of sleep when she called. I talked to my sister-in-law for awhile, and then when she and Philip went out, I talked with my nephews for a few hours.” Kendall’s sister-in-law had gotten married again, to Philip, who was a zookeeper. Kendall was happy for his sister-in-law and for his nephews and he liked Philip. He didn’t get to see his family much, since they still lived in Australia, but he talked to them a lot on the phone and they sent emails back and forth to each other. They all heard the phone ringing in Kendall’s office. He looked at his watch and grunted. “Right on time.” They looked at him puzzled.

“What’s right on time? Who’s calling you?”

“Katya.”

“Again?”

“Yeah. Apparently we didn’t finish with work. If you’ll excuse me, Katya will be pissed if I don’t answer the phone soon.” They all nodded at him and Kendall left.

“Say hi to her.” Kendall waved his hand up in the air.

“I will.” Jack and Dixon laughed a bit more, while Irina shook her head at them. They just shrugged and Irina laughed a little too. When Jack and Dixon returned to work, Irina stayed for a few seconds looking in Kendall’s direction. She smiled before returning to work too.

Kendall picked up the phone and was just about to talk, but never got the chance. “I told you not to keep me waiting.” He had to pull the phone away from his ear, when Katya shouted. He grunted frustrated.

“I just arrived to work a few minutes ago. I had to get some coffee, because I’m still tired from being up all night. I spoke only briefly with Irina, Jack, and Marcus. They all say hi.”

“That was nice of them. They can teach you a lesson in manners.” He rolled his eyes at her comment. “Aren’t you afraid that your eyes will get stuck in your head the way you always continue to roll them?” He stared a little wide eyed and looked around his office. “Stop looking around your office. I’m in London and I haven’t planted any cameras or other devices in your office or anywhere else at APO.” He was about to speak but didn’t get the chance. “Now if you’re done rolling your eyes, I suggest you turn on your computer, so that we can get back to work. You’ve wasted plenty of my time.” He grunted, but did as she said.

A while later Sydney and Nadia walked into their father’s office. They all smiled at each other and Sydney walked around one side of his desk, and Nadia walked the other way. They gave him a kiss on his cheeks simultaneously. “Happy Valentine’s Day dad.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day dad.” They both handed him a little heart shaped piece of chocolate. When Sydney was little, Irina would buy her a heart shaped piece of chocolate for her to give to her father on Valentine’s Day. When Sydney had remembered that tradition, she’d told Nadia, and they’d decided to pick up that tradition again. They’d also gotten Maddie and Caitie in on the tradition, and now Irina also received a heart shaped piece of chocolate from Ethan. They’d picked up the tradition since the first Valentine’s Day after their parents renewed their vows.

“Thanks sweethearts.”

“So, where are you taking mom tonight?” Jack let out a small laugh.

“I’m not telling you. I never tell you, so this year is no difference.”

“Oh come on dad. You know we won’t tell mom.”

“Yeah, I know. But you’ll probably be all giggling and full of smiles, and your mother will know that something’s up. And I wouldn’t put it passed you to tell her that you know where I’m taking her. You won’t mention the location, but she’ll come with suggestions, and I doubt you’ll be able to keep a straight face, should she guess correctly.” They both gaped at their father.

“Give us a little more credit than that.”

“Yeah, honestly dad. We’re agents. We’re able to keep secrets.”

“Yes, you’re brilliant at your job. But when it comes to something private, like where I’m taking your mother for Valentine’s Day, you won’t be able to be completely quiet or keep a straight face.” He looked at them. They looked at each other and then realized that he was right. They nodded at him and they all shared a laugh.

“So, I guess we shouldn’t bother asking you, what you’re getting her, because you won’t tell us that either.” He nodded.

“That’s right.” They laughed again. “Now instead of asking me about my Valentine’s Day plans with your mother, why don’t you go and do some work?” They smiled at him, gave him another kiss on the cheek and left his office.

Since talking to Kendall, Irina had been busy with work. She’d been on the phone with Washington and Russia, and hadn’t even had time to say hi to Sydney and Nadia. They had arrived at APO at 9.00, and had been pretty busy with work themselves. She had a few minutes off before having to return to work and decided she’d go and find them. She brought her coffee mug and found them standing talking to Carrie by the coffee maker.

“Hi girls. Happy Valentine’s Day.” They smiled back at their mother and gave her a hug.

“Hi mom. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day mom.” Having already met Carrie in the morning, she smiled at her as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

“So what are you three talking about?”

“We were just about to tell how our Valentine’s Day started.” Irina smiled and nodded. Sydney turned her attention to everyone. “Well, Vaughn woke me up with breakfast in bed. Eggs, bacon, and toast. Then after we ate, he made me a bobble bath, woke up the kids and got them ready by himself. On our way here he stopped by a flower shop and bought me the roses that are on my desk.” They all smiled.

“Eric woke me up with breakfast too. He made me an omelet. After that he brought the kids in. Becky said she’d wanted to get me a present too, so Eric had taken her and David shopping and they gave me a shirt that I’ll be wearing tonight. He got the kids ready while I got ready, and on our way here, he stopped by a flower shop too, and got me the roses that are on my desk.” Everyone smiled at that too.

“Marshall brought all the kids in and we had breakfast together in bed. He made heart shaped pancakes, heart shaped toast, and heart shaped fried eggs. We then got the kids ready and on our way here Marshall stopped at a flower shop too, and bought me the roses that are on my desk.” That had everyone smiling too. Sydney looked at her mother.

“Did dad make you breakfast in bed too mom?” Irina shook her head.

“No. I don’t really like breakfast in bed. Too many crumbs allover.” She smiled. “But he woke me up with a kiss. Then he started trailing kisses down my body and started caressing…” Sydney waved her hands in the air.

“Mom stop.” Nadia had shut her eyes shaking her head.

“Why do you keep doing this to us?” Carrie laughed a little.

“Well my Valentine’s Day morning certainly pales in comparison to yours.” Irina laughed too. She then looked at her daughters apologetically.

“Sorry girls.” They looked at her again rolling their eyes. She smiled at them. “Your father might not have gotten me an omelet, but he did get me something else that starts with an o.” She winked at them. Sydney and Nadia gaped at her and Carrie laughed.

“Now that’s what I call a happy Valentine’s Day.” Irina looked at Carrie smiling.

“I was certainly happy. Very happy. In fact…” Nadia caught her off.

“No mom. No details.”

“How many times do we have to tell you that we don’t want any details?” Sydney and Nadia both shook their heads at their mother.

“I thought we were sharing about our Valentine’s Day mornings?”

“We don’t share like that. Not even on Valentine’s Day.” Irina laughed.

“Okay. I won’t share.” Sydney and Nadia shook their heads, while Carrie laughed. “Well, I should probably get back to work. Talk to you all later.” She left and laughed a little on her way to her desk. Carrie looked at Sydney and Nadia and laughed a little.

“No doubt her Valentine’s Day will end happily too.” They gaped a little at her and she left laughing.

Several hours later Kendall was still on the phone with Katya. He looked at his watch. “Katya I have to go.”

“You what? No. We’re not done yet.”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have any choice. It’s 4.00 and I have plans.”

“Well, you’re just going to have to cancel those plans. As my contact person you have an obligation remember?” He gave her a frustrated grunt.

“Yes, I do remember. But I’ve made plans to look after the triplets, Sydney’s kids, and Nadia’s kids with Sergei. Sergei was going to look after the triplets anyway, so I suggested that we could look after them together and Sydney’s and Nadia’s kids too, so that Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, and Eric could have the evening to themselves. I made them a promise, and I have no intention on breaking that promise. Besides, we’ve been working on this for a total of eleven hours. Surely we must be about done by now.”

“Well, not really. But since you’ve made a promise to the kids, I won’t stand in the way of your plans. What time do you have to be there?”

“Around 5.00, 5.30.”

“That still gives us plenty of time to work.”

“No it doesn’t. I have to go home and pick up a few things, and I have to help Sergei with dinner. I’ll be lucky if I make it by 5.30.”

“What, you have to put on make-up first before you leave the house? It shouldn’t take you that long to leave APO, get a few things, and then get to Jack and Irina’s house.” Now he was even more annoyed.

“I do not wear make-up. It takes a few minutes to finish things here, and a while to get home. When I get home, I’d like to change my clothes. Then I have to gather my things I’m bringing, and then it takes a while before I get to Jack and Irina’s house. All of that will take more than an hour. The longer I talk to you, the longer it’ll take for me to get to Jack and Irina’s house, and now it’s passed 4.00. It’s not fair to let Sergei do all the work.”

“Fine. I suppose I’ll have to do the rest of the report myself.”

“I apologize that I’m leaving you with the rest of the work to finish on your own, but I really don’t have any choice.”

“Well so you say. Say hi to everyone for me.” Kendall rubbed his head and spoke politely.

“I will. Good luck with the report and enjoy the rest of your evening. Or night since it’s passed midnight in London. Bye Katya.” She hung up without saying anything and he rolled his eyes. He turned off his computer and tidied up before walking out. Eric and Nadia spotted him as they were about to leave.

“No offense Kendall, but you look like hell.” He nodded.

“Don’t tell me that you’ve been on the phone with Katya all this time?”

“Yes, I have. And she’s talked my ear off and annoyed me plenty.” He yawned and rubbed his head with his hands. Eric and Nadia looked at each other.

“You look really tired. Are you sure you’re up for looking after the kids tonight?”

“Yeah, if you want, we can cancel our plans?”

“Yes, I’m tired, but I’ll be fine. I won’t have you cancel your plans. But just to be on the safe side, could you pick me up on your way to Jack and Irina’s house? If I continue to be this tired, I don’t really want to be driving home late in the evening.”

“Yeah sure. We should be able to make it to mom and dad’s house at 5.30, like we planned.”

“Great. Thank you. I should leave then.”

“We’ll walk out with you. We’re leaving too.” They walked passed Dixon on their way out.

“Have a nice Valentine’s Day Marcus.”

“The same to all of you.” He looked at Kendall and let out a small laugh. “I take it you’ve been talking to Katya all this time?” Kendall nodded and Dixon laughed a little more. “Well, I hope you’ll be able to get a good night’s sleep tonight.”

“Yeah, I hope so too.” They all laugh a little.

“See you all tomorrow.”

“Bye Marcus.”

At Jack and Irina’s house, Irina left her bedroom, heading for the car with her overnight bag. From his room Ethan watched her leave. When he knew that his mother was far enough away, he quietly slipped into his parents’ bedroom. Jack was packing his bag, and Ethan walked quickly but silently up next to him. He got the velvet bag out of his pocket and gave it to his father. Jack quickly slipped it in his bag underneath his clothes. He zipped his bag, looked at Ethan and they winked at each other. Jack kissed Ethan’s head and then Ethan left. He looked in his son’s direction. Jack had no doubt that his son would make a brilliant agent. How could he not with the parents he had. He also knew that Maddie and Caitie would make brilliant agents as well, but he hoped that none of them would ever follow into their parents’ or their sisters’ footsteps. Jack laughed a little to himself before leaving the bedroom.

Irina walked out the door to the car just as Sergei pulled into the drive. Jack and Irina had been able to take the rest of the day off after the triplets got out of school, so Sergei hadn’t needed to take care of them. He pulled up next to Jack and Irina’s car and got out. “Happy Valentine’s Day Irina.” They hugged each other.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Sergei.” They looked over their shoulders to see if anyone was watching them. When they couldn’t see anyone, Sergei opened the trunk of his car and got out Jack’s present. Irina opened the trunk to her car, put her bag in and unzipped it. Sergei gave her the present and she put it in her bag, zipped her bag and closed the trunk. Sergei grabbed a few things from his trunk he needed for his stay at Jack and Irina’s house, closed the trunk and then they walked to the house.

As they got inside, Jack came down the stairs and put his bag down on the floor. “Hi Sergei. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day Jack.” Jack looked around and then looked at Irina.

“Where did you put your bag?”

“I put it in the car. I thought I might as well do that now.” He nodded and smiled. The triplets came down the stairs and gave Sergei a hug.

“Happy Valentine’s Day uncle Sergei.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day kids.”

“Why don’t we all go into the living room and have something to drink. It’ll be a while before we have to leave and before the others get here.” They all nodded. Irina went with the triplets into the living room, while Sergei helped Jack in the kitchen.

Nadia, Eric, Becky, David, and Kendall arrived at 5.30. “Happy Valentine’s Day grandma.” Becky gave her grandmother a hug.

“Happy Valentine’s Day sweetheart.” Jack reached for his grandson and Nadia handed him to her father.

“And how’s your Valentine’s Day been so far?” David cooed at his grandfather and Jack smiled, giving him a kiss. “That good, huh?” Becky grinned, while Nadia and Eric moved into the living room to say hi to the triplets and Sergei.

“You’re silly grandpa.” He smiled back at her and then gave her a kiss, while Irina gave David a kiss.

“Yes, I know.” She grinned again and he gave her another kiss. Jack turned to Kendall. “You still looked tired.” He nodded.

“I am. I was on the phone with Katya until I left the office.” He rolled his eyes. “That woman drives me insane.” Jack and Irina laughed.

“Well, since you’ll be watching a lot of cartoons tonight, you’re in for a relaxing evening.”

“I sure need it.” They shared a laugh and walked into the living room.

A few minutes later Sydney, Vaughn, Isabelle, Sarah, and Nicholas arrived. “Happy Valentine’s Day grandpa.” Isabelle gave her grandfather a big hug. He gave her a kiss.

“Happy Valentine’s Day sweetheart.” Sarah was giving her grandmother a hug.

“Happy Valentine’s Day grandma.”

“And happy Valentine’s Day to you sweetheart.” Isabelle looked at her sister.

“Switch.” Isabelle went to her grandmother and gave her a hug, wishing her a happy Valentine’s Day, and Sarah went to her grandfather, giving him a hug and wishing him a happy Valentine’s Day. Sydney and Vaughn laughed a little. Nicholas cooed and Jack took his grandson from Vaughn.

“Enjoying you first Valentine’s Day?” Nicholas cooed and both Jack and Irina gave him a kiss. Everyone else joined them in the hall. They greeted each other and then said their goodbyes. Jack, Irina, Sydney, Vaughn, Nadia, and Eric then got in their cars and drove off to celebrate Valentine’s Day while everyone waved.

After driving for a short while Irina looked at Jack. “I know we’re not going to the cave, because we’re going in the opposite direction. So where are we going?” Jack just smiled. She let out a laugh. “Oh come on sweetheart. You always tell me before we arrive, so you might as well tell me now.” He laughed.

“Okay.” She smiled. “We’re going to the inn. I was able to get the cottage. We’ll have a nice romantic dinner waiting for us that will be served in the cottage. Then after I thought we could take a stroll, and come back to the cottage later for a little dancing.” Her smile broadened. She leaned in kissing his cheek and then spoke with a low voice in his ear.

“And hopefully repeat our wedding night.” He wiggled his eyes.

“Of course.” She gave him another kiss on the cheek and rested her head on his shoulder.

When they arrived at the cottage it was filled with candle light. Jack had made sure that the menu consisted of some of Irina’s favorite foods, and they enjoyed the delicious dinner and each others company to the fullest. Irina leaned in and kissed Jack.

“Dinner was amazing. Thank you.”

“The company made it amazing.” They shared a laugh and kissed again. “Do you want to go for a walk?”

“I’d love to go for a walk.” They kissed again and Jack got up and pulled the chair out for Irina.

They walked around the area arm in arm talking and kissing. They walked to the platform where they renewed their vows. Jack wrapped his arms around Irina as they looked out on the ocean. “This brings back fond memories.” He kissed her neck.

“It most certainly does. I can’t believe it’s been nearly four and a half years since we got married here.”

“Times flies when you’re having fun.” They laughed.

“And we’ve sure had fun.” She turned in his arms and kissed him. They stood there kissing and dancing for a while before returning to the cottage.

At Jack and Irina’s house, Sydney, Vaughn, Nadia, and Eric all arrived at the same time to pick up their children. Sergei opened the door. “Hi guys. Did you have a nice evening?”

“Yeah it was great. Did the kids behave?”

“Yes absolutely. The triplets are tucked in their own beds, but the rest are sleeping on mattresses in the living room.” They walked in to the living room and laughed a little when they saw Kendall sleeping on the couch hugging a teddy bear.

“I guess the kids are not the only ones sleeping.” Sergei laughed a little.

“No they’re not. After your kids went to sleep, he couldn’t keep his eyes open any longer, and he fell asleep on the couch. The triplets thought he should have a teddy bear to sleep with.”

“It’s almost a shame to wake him. But I think it’s best for him to come home and sleep in his own bed, so that he can go to work from his own place in the morning.” Sydney was about to wake him, but Eric stopped him.

“Hang on I need to get a picture first.” He took out his phone.

“Honey, don’t do that. It’s not nice.” Vaughn got his phone out too.

“He looks adorable. What’s wrong with getting a few adorable pictures of him?” Sydney and Nadia shook their heads.

“Yeah right that’s the reason why you’re taking pictures.” They laughed taking a few pictures. After they were done Sydney woke up Kendall.

“Kendall, wake up. It’s time to go home.” He grunted and moved around a little on the couch. They all laughed a little and she shook him a little again. “Kendall, Nadia and Eric are here to take you home.” He woke up and looked around a little confused. Then he noticed the teddy bear and saw that they were all laughing a little at him. He shook his head and got off the couch.

“Very funny.”

“The triplets thought you should have the bear to sleep with. They had nothing to do with it.” Sergei pointed to Sydney, Nadia, Vaughn, and Eric.

“Oh sorry.” He looked at them apologetically.

“Come on. Let’s get you home so that you can continue sleeping.” He nodded and went to the hall to get his jacket. Vaughn picked up Isabelle, Sergei picked up Sarah, Sydney picked up Nicholas, Eric picked up Becky, Nadia picked up David, and they all went to the cars. Sergei said goodbye to all of them and went back inside and went to sleep.

Back at the cottage Jack and Irina had been dancing for a while and making out. “So you want your present now?”

“Yes, I’d love to.” Irina sat down on the couch and Jack went to his bag to get the present. He returned and gave her the velvet bag.

“Happy Valentine’s Day.” They kissed before Irina opened the bag and took out the necklace. She gaped and then smiled broadly.

“Jack it’s absolutely beautiful. I love it. I absolutely love it. Thank you sweetheart. Thank you.” She kissed him soundly. He smiled back at her.

“I thought you’d like it, but I didn’t know you’d like it that much. It’s Russian by the way.”

“Yes, I know.” He looked at her a little surprised.

“You sure know your jewelry.” She laughed a little.

“No not really, but my mother had one similar to this one. The pattern is the same, but the colors are a little different. Her necklace was special to her, which is why I love this one so much. It brings back fond memories of her.” She got a little teary eyed and Jack pulled her into a hug. She looked at him smiling and then kissed him. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He kissed her again. “Do you want me to put in on you?”

“Yes please.” He put it on her and then looked at her.

“Beautiful.” They kissed again.

“Do you want your present now?” He smiled.

“Yes please.” She got her bag and gave her a small present first. He looked at it a little curiously when she took it out and even more when he got it in his hands.

“It’s soft. Let me guess. You got me socks.” They both laughed and she shook her heads. “Okay, so it’s not socks. A tie then?” She shook her head. He felt the package a little. “You got me a t-shirt.” She nodded. He laughed, opened the present, and then looked a little disappointed when he noticed the upper part of the t-shirt. “You really did get me a t-shirt.” She nodded.

“Yes. Look at the print on it.” He looked at her a little puzzled, folded out the t-shirt and then laughed when he read the print on it. It said My Wife’s Property. Hands Off. He looked at her laughing.

“Cute. I suppose you want me to wear this, when we go to parents’ night at the end of the month?” She laughed too.

“Yes, and every other time you’re around Blondie and the Bimbos.” He laughed and shook his head a little before kissing her.

“Thank you. It’s a very lovely t-shirt.”

“I’m glad you like it, but it’s not your only present.” He immediately smiled and she got the last present out of the bag. “Happy Valentine’s Day sweetheart.” He looked at the present a little puzzled seeing as it was rather heavy. Not bothering guessing again, he opened the present. This time it was his time to gape as he saw what she had gotten him.

“Where did you find these?”

“I found them in the little town we were visiting, when we were at the cabin between Christmas and New Year. Remember I went to the little bookstore they had?” He merely nodded staring at the books. “Well, I found them in that one. I thought about giving them to you the minute I bought them, but also thought they’d make a great present. Since it had already been Christmas, I thought I’d wait until the next time it was time to get you a present. I know I could’ve just given them to you without waiting for a special event, but I just thought you should have them on a special event.” He looked at her, smiled and then kissed her.

“Thank you so much. This is a great present. I’ve been looking for these for years.” She nodded.

“Yeah, I remember how much you wanted to get them during the beginning in our marriage.” He smiled and nodded. “I’ve looked for them every chance I got. I thought that if I found them during the twenty years you thought I was dead, I would send them to you, and you might know that I’d always loved you, because these books were something you were passionate about, and I knew that.” He looked at her a little surprised. “I even thought of writing a little message in them, so that you’d know for certain that they were from me. I even looked for them after my contacts told me what my betrayal had done to you. But in some way, I think it was a good thing I didn’t find them sooner. You might’ve thought that someone was playing games with you, and you might not have believed they were from me. I mean how could you, when you thought I was dead. Now I got to see how happy they made you.” He smiled and kissed her.

“I think you’re right. Had you found them and sent them to me, I probably would’ve thought someone was playing games with me.” She nodded and kissed her. He looked in one of the books and smiled at the message she’d left on the first page. It said Jack, All my love forever and a day. Irina. He smiled at her.

“I thought I’d be safe to leave a message in them now.” They laughed a little. He put the books down and took her face in his hands.

“Thank you for yet another wonderful Valentine’s Day. I love you.” He pulled her face to his and kissed her.

“The same to you. I love you too.” They kissed again and Jack wiggled his eyes.

“So, what do you say, to repeating our wedding night now?” They laughed and then Irina kissed him passionately and deeply. After a few moments they both needed air. “I’ll take that as a yes.” She looked at him with love and desire in her eyes and started to unbutton his shirt. He watched her as she kept unbuttoning his shirt and tucking it out of his pants. She then ran her hands up his chest, all the way up to his face and brought his face to hers and kissed him again passionately and deeply. They smiled at each other when they needed air again.

“There’s nothing I’d rather do right now.” They kissed again before Jack picked her up and carried her to the bed.

TBC

Aww how romantic :love:
And I guessed right about the T-shirt, sort of ;)

Ha ha ha I love Katya's view of how Kendall should help her at all times :lol:

And squwicked out Sydney and Nadia are just to funny, and I too would prefere another kind of O than an omlett in bed :P

Thanks for the update, look forward to the next

Oh, I'm so glad to be back reading this. And I do like how you detail the depth of Jack & Irina's lives through the "eyes" of your story. Valentine's Day was so sweet - an "O" for Irina - ha! And the t-shirt -- priceless (and you know she will make Jack wear it to the next PTA meeting)!

Looking forward to the next chapter, as always.

Yay, I am finally able to sign on to read the updates. They were great. I especially liked the Valentine's day morning talk. The T shirt should come in handy for any soccer games as well.

Those whores better stay away from irina's man. :lol: Those bitches don't know who they are dealing with, they might end up with a body part cut off. Jack should wear the shirt to the PTA meeting. Poor kendall on the phone with kayta for over 10 hours. :lol:

“Sorry girls.” They looked at her again rolling their eyes. She smiled at them. “Your father might not have gotten me an omelet, but he did get me something else that starts with an o.” She winked at them. Sydney and Nadia gaped at her and Carrie laughed.
Ha! Another "O" besides an omelet! :lol:

And the print on the t-shirt is very funny. I wonder if Jack will wear it. ^_^

Well look at that! I'm away for two weeks and you put up five chapters! I like that :D

Chapter 1: I KNEW that you would start with something similar. Make us nearly have a heart attack! Bad Mette!

Chapter 2: Figured that they were training. You probably will do something very sadistic with this story, at least you give us a happy beginning! :D One big happy family, love it! And I have got to agree with Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Katya and Kendall are going to hook up! ... Or kill each other. Whatever comes first. :D

Chapter 3: I love Katya torturing Kendall. But Chase really needs to lighten up. So, I'm guessing that the men are Sloane and Sark :thinking: I see trouble ahead.

Chapter 4: After all our SpyRents have gone through, now they have to deal with annoying soccer moms. Tell me Irina is going to make them regret that they even looked at Jack. :whip: How about a passionate make-out session? :P

Chapter 5: Katya's sense of humour is hilarious. :lol: Although I feel sorry for Kendall, it's funny to read! (y) Apparently Jack and Irina have REALLY happy days, whether or not there is a holiday! :naughty:

-Liisbet-

Next chapter is finally here. I didn't really know what to include in this chapter, so it's not at all that exciting. It's just one of those chapters, there has to be in the story in order for time to pass. Happy reading. Thank you for all the lovely comments and for reading. It means a lot.

Dlenafan: Glad you think so. Yes, you did. :lol: Glad you liked that. Katya's really something. Yeah, after four years Sydney and Nadia still don't want to hear about that.

AliasMuse: That makes me happy to hear. I'm thrilled to hear that. I think the little things are important too. I think that Irina got more than one 'O'. Glad you think so, but she can't really make him wear it. Thank you.

sleepy1t: I'm glad you think so. Yes, it could come in handy many times. :lol:

Irina_Derevko_Bristow: Don't bet on it. You're right, they don't know who they're dealing with, but Irina can't very well hurt them, since she's on the right side of the law now. :lol: He won't, but maybe he will some day. Yeah, poor Kendall.

nicewoman: Glad you thought it was funny. Maybe some day he will.

TheDerevkoGirl: Welcome back. :smiley: Hope you had a great trip. I just had to start things off that way. :lol: Yes, something big will happen. They had to be happy. Katya and Kendall? Really? Well you're allowed to your thoughts. They can't kill each other since they're on the right side of the law. :lol: Yeah, poor Kendall. Wonder if Chase will ever lighten up. I'm not telling who those two men are, but trouble is coming of course. Yes, they do. :lol: I can't promise that, but Jack is a big boy, who can take care of himself. I'm glad you think so, but yes poor Kendall. Oh yes, Jack and Irina have many happy days.

Sydney Derevko Bristow: Thank you very much for saying that. :blush: You're too kind. :blush:

Chapter 6
A week after Valentine’s Day, the day before the triplets’ birthday, Katya arrived at Jack and Irina’s house shortly before dinner. Irina opened the door and smiled at her sister.

“Hi Katya. Good to see you again.” Katya stepped inside and gave Irina a hug.

“Good to see you too.” Irina let out a laugh.

“I see you decided to bring your luggage in yourself this time without anyone having to tell you to.”

“Yes, I didn’t think Jack had learned how to be polite yet.” They laughed and Irina shook her head at her sister.

“Dinner is almost ready. You can leave your suitcases by the stairs and then take them up later, if you’d like.” Katya nodded, did that and together she and Irina walked to the kitchen.

“Hello everyone.” Jack and the triplets looked up when Irina and Katya entered the kitchen. They smiled back.

“Hi Katya.”

“Hi aunt Katya.” Katya went over to the triplets to give them a hug.

“Are you three excited about your birthday tomorrow?” All three nodded.

“Yes of course.”

“We’re also excited about our birthday party the day after tomorrow.” On their birthday, their family, Marshall, Carrie, their children, Kendall, Dixon, and his children would come for dinner and celebrate their birthday with them. The day after their birthday, their friends from school and the ones from their soccer teams would be coming to celebrate their birthday.

“That’s good to hear.” Jack looked over at the triplets and Katya.

“Time to set the table.” The triplets got out of their seats. Maddie looked back at Katya.

“Aunt Katya you have to help too.” Jack and Irina laughed a little and so did the triplets. Katya rolled her eyes a little.

“Fine, fine.” She smiled at Maddie and looked at Caitie and Ethan and did the same.

“You should probably let your aunt carry the paper towel or something else that’s not that heavy. You have to remember that she’s old.” Katya gaped at Jack while everyone else laughed. Jack shot Katya an amused look, while he received an annoyed one in return.

“I’m not old, and you should not be teaching your children such a thing. And if I’m old, what does that make you and Irina?”

“Two more to make fun of you.” Everyone looked at Maddie, and while Katya gaped at her everyone else laughed. Katya looked between Jack and Irina.

“Just what are the two of you teaching your children?”

“Teasing each other runs in the family. You of all people should know that aunt Katya.” Caitie grinned at her. Everyone else laughed too including Katya.

“Well, I suppose I can’t argue with that.” They all laughed and soon sat down to eat. Katya talked about her recent travels and her time in London, and the triplets talked about what had been going on with them. After dinner Irina looked at her sister.

“Why don’t you take the triplets into the living room and relax. Jack and I will take care of the dishes.”

“You certainly don’t have to say that twice.” Katya and the triplets left the table and went to the living room, while Jack and Irina cleared the table and started doing the dishes.

After they were done with the dishes, they put everything away. Jack gave everything to Irina and she put the plates and glasses in the cupboard. She didn’t look back at him, but merely held out her hand and took a hold of the things he was giving her. She didn’t really pay attention to the things she put away, and kept holding her hand out for more to take. But instead of another plate or glass, she felt Jack’s hand in hers. She looked back as he pulled her to him. Within a few seconds they were slow dancing in the kitchen.

“I guess there were no more dishes to put away.” He gave her a soft lingering kiss.

“That’s right.” They laughed a little, and kept on kissing and dancing.

A couple of minutes later Katya walked to the kitchen. She spotted Jack and Irina dancing and kissing, just before stepping into the kitchen. She watched them for a little while smiling. It made her happy to see her sister so happy and that she was finally with the man she loved without any secrets or lies between them. Deciding she’d been watching them long enough she stepped into the kitchen.

“The triplets wanted some juice.” Jack and Irina turned around to look at Katya as she walked closer to the fridge. They exchanged smiles and Jack got the glasses from the cupboard.

“Are you coming with us to APO tomorrow? You don’t have to, but there’s some work you could help with, if you don’t know what else to do.” Katya shook her head.

“No I’m not. Since I didn’t hear of any specific work, I made plans to spend the day with Sergei until the triplets come home from school.” Jack nodded.

“That’s fine.”

“Do the two of you have anything special planned?”

“No, we’re just going to do a bit of shopping, relax, and have lunch.”

“That sounds nice.”

“So, are the two of you done dancing, or do you want to keep doing it for a while, before joining the rest of us in the living room?” Irina turned to Jack and smiled, before looking at her sister again.

“We’re done dancing, and will join you in the living room. We’ll get the glasses.” Katya smiled back and left the kitchen with the juice. Irina looked back at Jack. “At least we’re done dancing for now.” He smiled back at her, and kissed her before they went to the living room.

Later in the evening Jack and Irina were dancing in their bedroom. “I can’t believe that the triplets will be eight tomorrow.”

“I know what you mean. It seems like it was only yesterday that they were born.” Irina immediately felt ashamed for saying that. She looked at Jack. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. It’s not fair of me to say that.” He caressed her cheek and looked her in the eyes.

“You apologize every year for this, and every year I tell you to put it behind you. I might not have been there when they were born, but you weren’t there either for most of the first three years of their lives. We can’t change the past, remember?” She nodded.

“I know Jack, but…” He put a finger on her mouth to stop her from talking anymore.

“No buts, sweetheart. The last few years, since we got back together, have been the best years of my life. You, the kids, and the grandkids are responsible for that and you know that. Don’t apologize anymore for talking about the triplets, when I wasn’t there. I’m fine with it, and I like hearing about it.” He hugged her tightly and kissed the side of her head.

“I know you’re fine with it, but it’s still one of the many things that I have a hard time getting passed.” They looked at each other again.

“I know it is. But just think about tomorrow. Tomorrow we’ll be celebrating another of the triplets’ birthday together, and we’ll be doing that for years to come.” He smiled and she finally smiled again and then kissed him.

“You always know just what to say to cheer me up. I love you Jack.”

“I love you too Irina.” They kissed and kept dancing for a little while longer.

The next morning Jack woke up to Irina placing kisses on his cheek. When he smiled she knew that he was awake. “Good morning.” He turned his head so that he could look at her.

“Morning.” She got closer to him, so that she could kiss him on the lips. She deepened the kiss and ran her hand up and down his chest.

“So I’ve been looking at you for the last fifteen minutes, and I’m fully awake. The question is, are you awake enough to continue our tradition for how we celebrate our children’s birthdays and our own?” He smiled back at her.

“If you continue with what you’re doing, then I’ll be awake in a few minutes.” They laughed a little and Irina kissed him again.

More than an hour later they came out of their bedroom, running a little late. They had showered together, and while Jack said that they had gotten distracted in the shower, Irina insisted that they merely got thoroughly clean. They met Katya and Sergei in the hall. Sergei had come to have breakfast with everyone since it was the triplets’ birthday.

“Good morning you two.”

“Good morning Katya. Good morning Sergei.” Katya looked at Jack and Irina a little amused.

“You two are getting up a little late. Care to explain why?” Irina looked back at Katya amused.

“Jack wouldn’t let go of the soap in the shower.” Jack got a little red in the face and Katya let out a small laugh.

“Yes, I’m sure that’s why.”

“Can we just wake the triplets? We’re running late and we still have breakfast to make.” Jack motioned with his hands for everyone to go to the triplets’ bedrooms.

“Then Jack, you should have” Katya looked amused from Jack to Irina and then back to Jack again “let go of the soap in the shower.” Jack face turned a little redder and Irina let out a small laugh. She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Come on. Let’s wake up the kids.”

After the triplets got their own bedrooms, Jack, Irina, Katya, and Sergei took turns to wake them up. Katya and Sergei were always at the house when it was the triplets’ birthday. The two of them would wake up one of the kids, Jack would wake up another, and Irina would wake up the last one. This year Jack woke up Caitie, Irina woke up Maddie, and Katya and Sergei woke up Ethan.

While the triplets got ready for school, Jack, Irina, Katya, and Sergei made breakfast, consisting of pancakes, egg, bacon, and toast. Then Jack and Irina took their kids to school before going to APO and Katya and Sergei left the house to spend the day relaxing and shopping. Later when the triplets got out of school Jack and Irina picked them up. They went to the carrousel for a little while before returning home where Katya and Sergei were waiting for them with a cake.

Around dinner time the guests started to arrive. The doorbell rang and Jack walked with the triplets out to answer the door.

“Hi uncle Kendall.” The triplets all greeted him in unison as he walked inside.

“Happy birthday kids.” He gave them a hug and a kiss on their heads before looking at Jack. “Hi Jack.” Jack smiled back at him.

“Hi Kendall. If you’ll excuse me, I need to go to the kitchen to get the last of the dinner ready. Just go to the living room. Everyone else is there.” Kendall nodded and Jack left.

“Come on uncle Kendall.” He smiled at the triplets.

“Why don’t you go on into the living room and take the presents with you. I’ll just hang up my coat and be with you in a minute.”

“Okay.” The triplets took off with the presents and Kendall watched them leave before taking off his coat. While he was doing that Katya crossed the hall without looking at him. He on the other hand noticed her and spoke to her sincerely.

“Hi Katya.” She kept on walking and he shook his head, but thought he’d give it another go. “How did the report go?” She stopped walking and turned to look at him confused.

“What report?” He looked at her curiously.

“The report you had to do last week.” She shook her slightly in confusion.

“I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about.” He rolled her eyes at her not believing what he was hearing.

“The report you had to do that I helped you with. The report that was more of a five person’s job, than a job for one. The report that you called me about in the middle of the night, my time, and that we spent about eleven hours working on.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Oh that thing. I took care of it. No big deal.” He looked at her a little stunned, but then looked at her a little annoyed.

“No big deal? We worked hours on that, and it’s no big deal?”

“No it’s not. I’ve had other things to do since, so I don’t pay much attention to the work I do, once I’ve finished with it.” He eyed her for a little bit, and thought there was something wrong. She didn’t show it much, but to him it was like there was something else going on. He spoke to her a little softer.

“Are you alright Katya?” She looked at him confused and then a little annoyed.

“If you think I’ve gotten in trouble again, then you better think again. I told you last time that I don’t get in trouble.” He shook his head.

“No that’s not what I meant. It’s just that you didn’t remember doing the report that we spent so many hours working on, and I just thought that maybe you weren’t feeling well. You’re not sick or anything, are you?” She looked at him surprised for a short moment, but then rolled her eyes at him.

“No, I’m perfectly fine. Like I said, I don’t pay much attention to the work once I’ve finished with it.”

“You’re sure?” She shot him a stern look.

“You really are annoying, you know that?” With that she turned on her heels and left the hall. Kendall rolled her eyes and let out a frustrated grunt before going to the living room too.

A few minutes later everyone was gathered in the living room. The triplets had opened all of their presents, except for one. Eric went to get them the last one.

“Here. This is from Vaughn and me. It’s for all three of you, and you can put it in your playroom.” Sydney and Nadia looked a little curiously at Vaughn and Eric.

“You two got them a present together?” Vaughn and Eric nodded smiling.

Everyone watched as the triplets opened their last gift, and when they did Sydney and Nadia shook their heads at their husbands.

“You didn’t?” Vaughn and Eric looked at them and started laughing.

“It’s really nice.” Caitie was very happy with the gift and Maddie and Ethan nodded agreeing with their sister.

“What did you get?” Irina looked in the direction of the triplets and was curious about the gift after seeing the behavior of her oldest daughters and their husbands. Everyone else was curious too.

“We got a picture of uncle Kendall.” The triplets turned the picture around, so the rest of them could see the picture they’d gotten. It was a picture of Kendall sleeping on the couch holding a teddy bear that was taken on Valentine’s Day. Kendall rolled his eyes and shot Eric and Vaughn an annoyed look, while everyone else laughed. The triplets passed it on to Nadia, and everyone had a turn looking at it.

“You look adorable.” Carrie grinned at Kendall, who rolled his eyes at her. She then handed the picture to Katya.

“You can’t get a woman, so you have to settle for sleeping with a teddy bear?” Everyone laughed a little while Kendall shot her an annoyed look.

“The picture was taking on Valentine’s Day, and the only reason why I’m sleeping in the first place is because I’d been talking on the phone with you all night and all day.”

“That still doesn’t explain the bear.” He rolled his eyes at Katya.

“We gave him the bear aunt Katya.”

“We thought he should have someone to snuggle with.” She turned to the triplets and smiled.

“Well that was nice of you.” Jack got up.

“Why don’t we all go to the dining room. Dinner should be ready.” They all got up and headed for the dining room. Kendall finished his drink and Katya did the same. She looked at him amused.

“So tell me something.” He looked at her.

“What?”

“Did you get lucky with the bear?” He gaped a little and then let out a frustrated grunt.

“Very amusing.” He left the living room with Katya following close behind him laughing.

The rest of the evening went great. The triplets had a great time surrounded by their family and friends. After dinner they each had a cake with their own name on it and eight candles, so that they all had their own candles to blow out. That way there was also enough cake for everyone. Later everyone went home. Sydney and Nadia hugged their siblings goodbye.

“So, did you three have a great birthday?”

“Yes, absolutely.”

“Have a great party tomorrow, and we’ll see you on Sunday.”

“We will.”

“And we’re looking forward to Sunday.” Sydney and Nadia smiled at each other before looking back at the triplets.

“So do we.” The last to give them a hug goodbye was Kendall.

“Goodbye kids. Thank you for a wonderful birthday party.”

“Thank you too uncle Kendall.” Katya looked at Kendall amused.

“Do you want to take the bear home with you to snuggle with?” Jack, Irina, and the triplets laughed a little. “I can go and get it for you if you want.” He looked at her annoyed. “Ah, I guess not.” She left and he shook his head. Jack clasped his shoulder.

“See you tomorrow.” Kendall nodded.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow. Goodnight.” When Kendall left the triplets hugged their parents.

“Thank you for another great birthday mommy and daddy.”

“Thank you from me too.”

“And thank you from me three.” Jack and Irina laughed.

“You’re very welcome. Now why don’t you get ready for bed. It’s been a long day, and you have guest coming tomorrow too.” They nodded, giving their parents a kiss before they headed up the stairs. Jack and Irina watched them go up the stairs and then looked at each other when they could no longer see the triplets. They smiled and kissed for a while before heading up the stairs to tug in the kids.

The next day Katya opened the door when the doorbell rang and was surprised to see Kendall.

“What are you doing here?”

“Jack and Irina asked if I could help out with the birthday party, since there’ll be a lot of children here.”

“I didn’t know the triplets wanted a clown to entertain them for their party.” He gaped at her and she just left him standing there. He shook his head irritated but decided to make the best out of the day.

Jack, Irina, Katya, Sergei, and Kendall went on with the preparations for the party, and Katya annoyed Kendall plenty every chance she got. Soon the guests started to arrive and the triplets were there greeting everyone when the doorbell rang. When the doorbell rang yet again Irina went with the triplets to answer the door. The triplets smiled when they saw their friend Jeff.

“Hi Jeff.” Jeff went inside. He handed the presents he’d brought for the triplets to them, and then started to take of his jacket. Irina smiled at him.

“Here. I’ll take your jacket, and you can all run along.” He gave her the jacket, waved goodbye to his mother and went with the triplets. Michelle looked around the hall a little bit before looking at Irina.

“So, where’s Jack?”

“Busy.”

“Too busy to come and say hello?”

“Yes.” Irina didn’t want to be anywhere near Michelle and really wanted her to leave. She kept her tone light, not wanting to sound irritated.

“Surely he should come and greet the parents of the children, who come for his children’s birthday.”

“Well that’s what I’m here for. We take turns answering the door, and this time it was my turn. Jack’s busy doing the last preparations, and I should do that too. So if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back and help my husband.” Irina closed the door in Michelle’s face, and heard a slight annoyed hiss just before the door was completely closed. She couldn’t help but laugh to herself, as she went back to the kitchen to help Jack.

The day was great and everyone had fun. With the exception of Kendall on a few occasions since Katya still irritated him. Later Katya and Kendall watched as all the kids were playing out in the back yard. She turned to look at him.

“So, when are you putting on your clown suit?” He let out a frustrated grunt.

“I’m not here to dress up as a clown.” She looked him up and down.

“No, you do a pretty good job at that every day.” He gaped and looked at her annoyed. “But a colorful wig and a big red nose would really do wonders for you.” He shook his head frustrated and motioned to leave. “Get me a cup of tea.” He looked back at her.

“I’m not your servant. Get it yourself.”

“Where are your manners?”

“The same place as yours.”

He walked away. She turned around and walked over to pick up a tennis ball that was not far from her. She waited for just the right moment, and then she threw the ball after Kendall. It landed at his feet, which made him stumble and he fell into the pool. Katya started to walk towards the pool as Kendall resurfaced. The kids all looked in the direction when they’d heard the big splash from Kendall falling in the pool. He got out of the pool as she walked passed it.

“You’re wet.” She kept walking. He shook the shock off of him and followed her quickly into the house.

“What the hell was that? Why did you throw that ball after me?” He was furious.

“Who says I did it.” She spoke calmly.

“Who else could it have been. I doubt any of the kids got that good of an aim.” She just shrugged and smiled amused.

“You had your back turned so you really can’t tell who threw the ball.” Jack, Irina, and Sergei joined them in the hall when they heard them arguing. Jack and Sergei gaped for a little while, but then started to laugh, while Irina still gaped.

“What’s going on?”

“Your insane sister threw a tennis ball in my direction that landed at my feet, and caused me to fall in the pool.” That only made Jack and Sergei laugh more, but then smiled a little apologetically at Kendall. Irina shook her head at Katya.

“Tell me you didn’t do that.” Katya looked at her sister amused.

“He had his back turned. He can’t prove that I did it.”

“Oh yeah, well if you didn’t do it, then you can tell me who did.” Kendall stared at Katya angry.

“I didn’t see a thing.” Irina kept shaking her head at Katya.

“I’ll get you a towel.” Irina went to the bathroom in the hall.

“I’ll get you some clean clothes to wear. You can wear one of my t-shirts, and borrow a pair of sweatpants until your own clothes dry.” Jack went upstairs to get the clothes.

“And I’ll just go outside and watch the kids, since all the adults are in here.” Sergei left laughing a little bit. Irina returned with the towel and Kendall took it.

“Thanks.” He started to dry his face and took off his t-shirt and started to dry his upper body. He shot Katya an angry look. “Aren’t you supposed to get yourself a cup of tea?” She didn’t say anything but just looked at him amused. A few seconds later Jack returned to the hall with some dry clothes for Kendall. He took them. “Thanks. I’ll just go and change.” He went to the bathroom, and Katya left for the kitchen leaving Jack and Irina to look at each other.

“What was that about?” Jack looked at Irina, but she just shrugged. Jack nodded. “Okay. I’ll go to the back yard.”

“I’ll just wait for Kendall, and then take his clothes to the dryer.” He nodded and left. She looked in Katya’s direction and shook her head, but after a few seconds she smiled.

Later the birthday guests were slowly being picked up one by one. Jack was in the kitchen when the doorbell rang. He quickly turned on the security monitor, and sighed a little annoyed. Then he quickly put the monitor away again, and hurriedly went to open the door. He met Irina in the hall, who was on her way to open the door.

“I’ve got it.” She looked at him a little confused. “It’s Stan.” She nodded.

“Ah, I see. Well in that case, it’s best that you open the door and not me. I’ll just go and tell Jeff that his dad is here.” Jack smiled and waited until Irina was gone before he opened the door. Stan turned when he heard the door being opened, but his smile faded a little when he saw that it was Jack who opened the door and not Irina.

“Jack.” He gave him a slight nod.

“Stan.” Jack did the same, and keeping his voice neutral.

“So, where’s Irina?”

“Getting Jeff.” Stan smiled, but his smiled faded a little when his son was accompanied to the door by the triplets and not by Irina.

“Hi dad.” Stan looked into the house seeing if he could spot Irina. When he couldn’t, he looked down on his son.

“Yeah hi. Get your jacket and let’s go.” Jack handed Jeff his jacket and smiled at him. Jeff then said goodbye to the triplets and to Jack and then went to the car. “Tell Irina I said hi.” Jack glared back at Stan.

“Sure.” He wanted to close the door, but also knew that the triplets wanted to wave goodbye to Jeff. As soon as they had and couldn’t see the car anymore, Jack closed the door. The triplets were about to leave when Jack called them back. “Hey come here.” They turned back around and went to their father. He gave them a big hug and a kiss. “I love you guys. I just wanted to tell you that. You can go out to your friends now.” They smiled back at him.

“I love you too daddy.” Caitie gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“And I love you too daddy.” Maddie also gave him a kiss on the cheek, and Ethan did the same.

“I love you too daddy.” They all smiled at each other, and Jack walked with them out to the back yard.

Later when all the kids had gone home, Kendall had changed into his own clothes that had dried, and got up from his seat in the living room. “I think I’ll head home now.”

“Don’t you want to stay for dinner? We were just about to make it.” Kendall shot Katya a look, and then smiled back at Irina.

“Thanks for the offer, but if I stay I’m sure your sister will find some way of spilling hot food on me, or do something else to me.” Katya rolled his eyes at him.

“You are such a wimp.” He looked at her annoyed.

“And you’re a nutcase.” She stared at him coldly. “I wouldn’t even be safe around you, if you had your hands tied behind your back.” He looked at Irina again. “I think I’ll be better off if I left.” Just then the triplets came inside. “I was just about to come looking for you to say goodbye.”

“Are you leaving?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Can’t you stay for dinner?”

“Please.” He looked at the triplets, and couldn’t get himself to tell them no. He would have to put up with Katya for a while longer, but he could do it for them. He smiled at them.

“Okay, I’ll stay.” They gave him a hug, and Jack and Irina stood up.

“Great. Then let’s get started on dinner.” Everyone but Katya left for the kitchen. She stayed behind for a few seconds smiling to herself, before she joined the rest of them in the kitchen.

Dinner went by just fine without Katya really insulting Kendall or annoying him. She didn’t spill hot food on him either. When Jack and Irina left to tug the triplets in, Sergei went to the kitchen and Kendall went to the hall to get his coat to leave, while Katya followed him. When he had his coat on, he turned to Katya and tried his best to sound friendly.

“So. You’re off to Washington soon.” She crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow at him.

“You’re my contact person. Surely you know where I go. If you don’t, you do a poorly job as my contact person.” He stared at her annoyed.

“I was just trying to make pleasant conversation.”

“Pleasant? I didn’t know you knew that word.” He shook his head.

“Fine. I’ll just stay here and wait for Jack and Irina without talking to you.” She stared him down, and he felt a little uncomfortable and it felt like ages before Jack and Irina came down again. When they came down, Sergei came back from the kitchen. Kendall and Sergei said their goodbyes and Kendall left without saying anything to Katya. When Irina closed the door, she wanted to talk to Katya, but didn’t get the chance.

“I’m going to bed. Goodnight.” Irina looked at her as she walked towards the stairs.

“You don’t want to talk?” Katya kept walking without looking back.

“No. I want to sleep. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

“Okay. Goodnight Katya.” When she had gone Jack looked at Irina.

“Is everything alright?” She smiled at him.

“Yes, I’m fine.” He shook his head slightly.

“Well, I actually meant with Katya. Well, you and Katya. And Kendall for that matter.”

“Everything is just fine. Nothing to worry about. Katya’s just being Katya.” He let out a laugh.

“Yeah, a little too much at times.”

“Come on. Let’s go clean up and then go to bed.” She took him by the hand and let him to the living room to get the coffee mugs.

A couple of days later Jack and Irina were set to go to parents’ night with the triplets. Irina walked over to Jack, who had just come down the stairs. She lifted up his black turtleneck shirt and he looked at her confused.

“You’re not wearing the t-shirt I got you on Valentine’s Day.” He let out a laugh, when he realized that, that’s what she was looking for.

“No, I’m not. I don’t think I need a t-shirt to prove that I’m your property.” He kissed her wedding ring and stroke her cheek with the back of his hand where his ring was on. She tenderly stroke his cheek.

“Apparently for some women the fact that you’re wearing a ring is not proof enough. And I really would’ve preferred you wearing the t-shirt.” He looked at her a little puzzled. “Do you have any idea how great you look in black? Those bimbos will be all over you.” He chuckled. “Actually, I don’t think it would’ve matter what you wore, because you look sexy in anything, and I think those bimbos think that too.” He leaned closer and whispered seductively in her ear.

“And how do I look when I’m wearing nothing at all?” She swallowed and closed her eyes.

“You look even sexier.” He nibbled on her earlobe, and then kissed a sensitive spot on her neck. She moaned in pleasure.

“Then just remember that you’ll see me in absolutely nothing tonight, and that you’re the only one who’ll see me in absolutely nothing.” She ran a hand through his hair.

“I can’t wait.” He trailed kisses from her neck up to her lips and kissed her deeply and passionately. When they heard the triplets coming down the stairs, they broke apart smiling at each other.

“Time to go.” He gave her a quick kiss and then they helped the triplets with their jackets and got the cakes they were bringing.

When they got there and had removed their jackets, Jack walked over to the table to put the cakes down where all the other cakes were. Irina went over to talk to one of the teachers and the triplets went to some of their friends. Sean turned around as Jack nearly reached the table.

“Hi Jack. Let me give you a hand with that.” He took one of the cakes from Jack.

“Thanks.”

“I hear the triplets had a great birthday. Tracy told me she had a great time.” Jack smiled back at Sean.

“I’m glad to hear it. Yeah, the kids did have a great birthday.” They went on talking for a little while arranging the cakes on the table. Sean looked towards the door staring a little wide eyed and then turned his back to the door again.

“I’d heard that Tanya was getting surgery, but I didn’t know it was that kind of surgery.” Jack looked at Sean a little confused. “She got a boob job. No mistaken that.” Jack stared a little wide eyed at Sean, and then turned in Tanya’s direction for a split second to see that Sean had been right. He shook his head when he turned his head back around.

“I don’t understand how women can get themselves to do that.” Sean shook his head too.

“Me either.” Sean saw that his daughter was waving him over to her. “Jack if you’ll excuse me, Tracy needs me.” Jack smiled.

“Sure.” When Sean left, Jack arranged the last of the cakes and turned around to leave, but was stopped by Tanya.

“Hi Jack. Nice to see you again.” Jack gave her half a smile and a slight nod.

“Yeah, you too.”

“You look really nice in that shirt. My shirt is new. Do you like it?” Jack looked her in the eyes, not wanting to look at her anywhere else. He knew that she wanted him to look at her chest, and he only gave her a slight nod again.

“Yes, it’s nice.” She looked a little disappointed, but continued to smile and moved a little closer to him.

“You didn’t really look properly Jack. Why don’t you take a closer look.” He felt really uncomfortable, and as she was getting closer to him, he walked backwards and was getting closer to being trapped in a corner. He was just about to say something when he was interrupted.

“Daddy?” He let out a quick sigh of relief when Maddie came over to him, and smiled warmly at her.

“Yes, sweetheart.”

“One of the things we can make here tonight is a kite. Will you help me make a kite?” He bent and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I’d love to help you build a kite. Let’s go take a look right now, so we know what we want our kite to look like.” She smiled broadly and he looked briefly at Tanya. “Excuse me.” He could tell that Tanya was annoyed that they’d been interrupted, and he laughed a little to himself, and was grateful that Maddie had come over when she did.

Later the teachers had introduced what activities the parents could make with their children. They could help them build a kite, help them paint, make jewelry, and other activities. Whenever they wanted, they could have coffee, tea, juice, and cake, and they could all interact with each other. Irina was helping Caitie and Ethan paint, while Jack helped Maddie with a kite. When Maddie went to get some paint for her kite, Irina walked over to Jack with a cup of coffee.

“Here. Thought you could use that.” He smiled back at her.

“Thanks.” He took a sip of it and she looked at him amused.

“So I noticed you looking at Tanya’s breast earlier.” He turned and looked at her staring a little wide eyed.

“What? No, I didn’t look at her breasts.”

“You did when she arrived and you and Sean were talking by the table where you put the cakes.”

“He mentioned that she’d gotten that kind of surgery, so naturally I couldn’t help but look. I was just confirming what he said, and I looked away right after.”

“Did you like what you saw?” He gaped at her.

“No absolutely not.”

“So, you wouldn’t want me to get implants?” He looked at her horrified.

“No, no, no. Definitely not. Don’t you even dare.” She crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow at him. He shook his head. “Of course you’re allowed to do what you want with your own body, but please don’t do that. I like you just the way you are. I like the natural you. And I like your breasts just as they are.” She was about to speak, but he continued talking. “Sure I liked them when they got bigger the natural way, but I like them just as they are now.” She looked at him a little confused.

“What do you mean, you liked my breasts when they got bigger the natural way?” He looked around making sure no one was listening. They hadn’t spoken loud before, but this was one of the things that should not be heard by anyone. He leaned a little closer and whispered.

“You know, when you were expecting Sydney and after she was born.” His face turned a little red, and she laughed a little.

“Oh that way.” He nodded embarrassed.

“Yes that way.” He looked at her and smiled. “I don’t want you to get any surgery done that other people get done, because they think it’ll make them look better. You already look absolutely beautiful, and you always have. I love your body and it has always taken by breath away.” She blushed and smiled lovingly at him kissing his cheek.

“Yeah, I know you do.” She leaned in a little closer and whispered. “I remembered our first mission together, on the train in India. You took out our clothes and when you turned around and saw me standing in my bra, you looked absolutely stunned, and for a few seconds you couldn’t take your eyes away.” He smiled at the memory.

“Well can you blame me? It was the first time in twenty years that I’d seen you like that, and after all that time, you still looked just as beautiful as I remembered.” She blushed a little more, then took his chin in her hand and gave him two quick kisses like she’d done in India. They both laughed a little.

“I couldn’t help but look at you either on that train as we were changing clothes. You still looked just as great as you did twenty years earlier, and it didn’t help that you changed into black.” She ran a hand up and down his chest. “Black really is a good color on you.” They smiled at each other and she gave him another quick kiss. “Oh and just so you know, I was teasing you. I saw that you looked away quickly and that you didn’t look at Tanya’s breasts when she walked over to you a little while later. I also know that you don’t check women out. And I would never dream of getting any kind of surgery like that.” She grinned while he gaped a little at her, but then laughed.

“I should’ve known.” They laughed again and Maddie came back.

“I found the colors daddy. Hi mommy.”

“Hi sweetheart. Those colors are beautiful and it’s a beautiful kite you and daddy are building.”

“Thank you. Daddy’s really good at building the kite.”

“Yes, he is.” She leaned in closer to Jack and spoke huskily into his ear. “You’re really good with your hands in many ways.” His face turned a little red and she kissed his cheek. “I should probably get back to helping Caitie and Ethan, and leave you two to finish the kite.” She bent and kissed Maddie on the cheek and winked at Jack before she left. He smiled at her and watched her leave before returning to help Maddie with the kite.

A while later Jack went to get a piece of cake. He was just about to leave when he turned around and came face to face with Michelle.

“Hi Jack.” He gave a polite nod.

“Michelle.” Jack tried to walk away but Michelle got in his way.

“What’s the hurry Jack? Can’t you stay and talk for a bit?” Jack sighed and gave a forced smile.

“Anything in particular you wanted to take to me about?” He started to eat his cake and Michelle licked her lips and ran her fingers up and down her neck.

“No, nothing special. You’re just so nice to talk to, and it’s been a while since I’ve seen you.” Jack put a big piece of cake in his mouth, so that it took him a while to answer. She looked a little annoyed that it took him so long to swallow, and she smiled brightly when he did.

“I didn’t realize that we actually had conversations.” She faked laughed. It was a very girlish giggle that made Jack, want to roll his eyes.

“Oh Jack. You’re so funny.” She was just about to touch his arm, when Jack put his spoon into his cake and ate another big piece. She quickly pulled her hand away. When Jack was just about to swallow, he put his spoon in his cake again.

“This is really a good cake.” He took another big mouth full and received another slight annoyed look from Michelle. He kept eating until there wasn’t anymore left. Michelle took a step closer wanting to put a hand on Jack’s shoulder. He was just about to take a step back when they were interrupted.

“Hi daddy. Will you come and take a look at my painting?” He smiled at Caitie thankful that she’d arrived when she did. Michelle shot Caitie an annoyed look.

“Your father and I are talking. So why don’t you run a long.” Jack took Caitie by the hand, and gave Michelle a stern look and his voice held no warmth for her.

“I could be talking to the president of this country, and I would still give my children my full attention if they needed me.” Michelle was taken aback by his tone and the way he was looking at her. He turned to Caitie and smiled at her lovingly. “I’d love to see your painting sweetheart. Let’s go.” They walked away from Michelle without saying anything else, and she was quite offended. He looked at Caitie’s painting and at Ethan’s too, and Maddie joined them too. They spend a lot of time looking at them and Caitie and Ethan eagerly explained about the paintings. After a while Jack took a quick look around the room and then looked back at his children. “Where’s mommy?”

“She’s cleaning the paintbrushes.”

“Mrs. Harrison said it was time to leave soon, so mommy thought it’d be best to start cleaning the brushes.” Jack nodded at Ethan.

“Okay. I’ll just go look for mommy if that’s alright with you?”

“Of course daddy.” All three smiled at him and he smiled back before going off to look for Irina.

While Jack had been admiring the paintings, Irina had cleaned a lot of paintbrushes. She heard footsteps and turned to see Stan approaching her. She looked back to the sink where she was cleaning the paintbrushes and sighed, not wanting to deal with him.

“Hello Irina.” He smiled his creepy smile at her, and she forced a smile at him.

“Stan.” He moved closer.

“You look very lovely this evening. Well you always look lovely.”

“Kind of you to say.” She didn’t look up from her task of cleaning the paintbrushes.

“Can I help you with that?” She shook her head.

“No thanks. I’m almost done.” He moved even closer and Irina wanted nothing more than to push him away.

“Oh come now. Let me help you. You shouldn’t have to do that all by yourself.” He reached his hand out and was about to touch her, but she took a step to the side.

“Really, I can handle this on my own.” He took another step closer.

“But I’m here now, and I would really like to help.” He tried to reach his hand out to touch her again when he was interrupted.

“If you want to help, then you can take out the trash.” They both looked behind Stan and saw that Jack was walking down the hall. Stan looked at him annoyed, while Irina smiled. When Jack reached them he gave Stan a forced smile. “There are a lot of things that need to be cleaned up, and therefore a lot of trash to be taken out. So why don’t you do that, and I’ll help my wife, if she needs help.”

“Hi sweetheart.” Jack walked over to Irina and gave her a kiss. Stan shot Jack an annoyed look and then forced a smile.

“Sure.” He walked back to where he came from and Irina leaned closer to Jack.

“I hope he throws himself out while he’s taking the trash out.” They both laughed a bit.

“I hope he throws Michelle out at the same time.” Irina looked at him amused.

“So now you actually feel the same way about her that I do?”

“She was a bit rude to Caitie.” Irina shook her head angry. Jack put an arm around her shoulders. “Don’t worry. I was rude to Michelle.” Irina smiled at him and gave him a kiss.

“Sometimes I wish that Jeff wasn’t friends with the triplets. That way we would have nothing to do with Stan and Michelle, other than when it involved the school. But he’s such a sweet kid.”

“Yeah, I know. I feel the same way. Nothing we can do about it though.” She nodded. “So, do you need my help?” She shook her head smiling.

“No thanks. I’m almost done. But you can keep me company, unless there’s something else you need to help out with back there.”

“And risk Stan coming back here or me being trapped by Michelle, Tanya, or anyone else? No thanks. I’d much rather keep you company and I can always say that I helped you clean the paintbrushes.”

“Deal.” They both laughed and shared a kiss before Irina cleaned the last of the paintbrushes.

A couple of minutes later they walked hand in hand back to everyone else. Blondie and the Bimbos and Stan looked at them jealous. Jack and Irina helped to clean up and after the teachers thanked everyone for coming and for everyone’s contribution to making the evening very important and special, Jack and Irina left the school hand in hand with the triplets walking in front of them.

TBC

Tanya, Michelle, and Stan are all stalkers. Stan is the creepiest though, I wish irina or jack would punch him in the face. Great update. I don't like where your going with katya, please tell me she doesn't have alzheimers, but I know you won't. I still think katya and kendall should hook up. I wonder what irina wanted to talk to her about and what was with the smile at kendall after he left?

The nosy parents should know what Irina and Jack do for a living. Hee :D Or Irina could reveal what kind of organization she ran years ago. That would make them back off. :P

But something is wrong with Katya... :thinking:

Vaughn and Weiss uncovered their picture, when are Dixon and Jack uncovering theirs? Or have they already? :eyebrow:

Anxiously waiting for more!

-Liisbet-

Stan, Michele and Tanya are giving me the heebie-jeebies. <_< I thought Irina will punch or throw Stan! :angry:

I hope Katya is okay. :thinking:

“I remembered our first mission together, on the train in India. You took out our clothes and when you turned around and saw me standing in my bra, you looked absolutely stunned, and for a few seconds you couldn’t take your eyes away.” He smiled at the memory.
Ha! What a great timing that you wrote about this and I just finished re-watching Alias Season 2. And I remember that scene very well. :lol:

Back