Rambaldi: Destructor or Savior

did she stop writing?? i hope not cuz i really liked it.. butif u did stop writing then can u pm me kate so ill know.thanks

sorry guys, but i'm on vacation in az seeing my grandparents, so internet access is a little bit shall be say restricted. but i promise that i will post something really good and really long when i get back on saturday! thanks all for sticking by with my patching writing!

Sorry, I've been really caught up in writing my new fic Timing is Everything, so this one got pushed to the side.

Chapter Twelve

I walk into the CIA and sit at my desk. I turn on my computer and start working on some more documents that I haven't finished up because of Vaughn. Usually I wouldn't be able to focus, but this time I'm on a mission and have 100% of my energy going into everything I'm doing until I get that flower and try to save Vaughn.

A few people walk by my desk as I'm working and they give me pitying looks. They seem to be silently saying to themselves, "Poor Miss Bristow. I don't know what I would do if someone close to me died in the field." I don't want their pity, but at the moment I can't focus on that because I have more important things to do.

At 9:15 most of the people, including the crazy workaholics have left the building. I log out and turn off the computer. I slowly and methodically organize the papers on my desk. I stand up, brush off my pants, and tuck my hair behind my ear, just want Dixon calls "my thing". Time to kick it into gear.

I purposefully walk towards Analysis and check in with the man on duty. He leads me into the room once again probably thinking that I've been here an awful lot. (He can tell because that office if required to keep a log of all the agents that have gone into do research on the database.

Once he logs me in and leaves, I quickly start to hack into the system. During my CIA training, I was taught how to hack into databases because I would need it for my field work. I am really suprised to find that this database isn't very hard to break into. I guess the mentality behind that is only agents will be able to access the database with the help of trained personnel, which would mean that the risk of a leak would be pretty darn close to zero.

A little box pops up on the screen asking me if I would like to remove the item from storage. I click okay and proceed down to the basement where both the flower and Vaughn are being held. I pass by the Analysis guy and thank him for his help. He is packing up and getting ready to leave. As I walk out of the room, I the series of metal doors locking to safe guard the database.

End of Chapter Twelve

Thanks all for reading. Yes I know that the plot didn't progress much, but I'll post the last or second to last chapter tomorrow when I get back to California.

:angelic: Kate

ahhh moreeeeee :smiley: this is really good i must say^_^. oooh come on vaughn u gotta be revived. but being immortal would be quite bad :(

This the second to last chapter. I'll have the next one up today or tomorrow.

Chapter Thirteen

I pass my desk once again and head for the elevator. Once inside, I press the B& button and start the descent to my destination. I’m staring at the buttons on the elevator and thinking, well this is it. This is the time to tell whether Rambaldi is going to pull through or not. He’s either my destructor or my savior.

I am a little startled when the elevator dings signaling that I have reached level B7. The doors don’t open, so I press my hand up against a finger print reader pad that allows access to any agent in the agency. There are definitely security cameras monitoring my every movement, so I try to act as normal as possible.

The elevator door slides open and I walk briskly through a series of doors and scanners that are continually check me. The security to get into this area is definitely greater than accessing the database. Once I get through the last door, I am faced with rows upon rows of safes. This is going to be quite a job trying to figure out which safe contains the flower. Luckily as I approach the one just in front of me, I find that the mission ID name and number are engraved in tiny letters in the bottom right hand corner. Thank goodness or else this mission would have been next to impossible to accomplish.

Now as I look to save on the right, I see that the filing is done in numerical order. Now I need to remember what the mission number was…think Sydney, think…maybe 3247228…no, wait it’s 3247218, that’s it! Yes! I run through the numerous rows until I reach the safe. Time for some heavy duty safe cracking, the CIA told us that most of the codes were done using the mission number as a back and there was a pattern…the combination must be 3,47,18 because you take out the numbers that are the same. I really hope this works…

End of Chapter Thirteen

wow this is great!!! you have got me on the egde of my seat!! go syd go!! bring vaughn back!!! write more sooon pleassse?! :D

okay so i have to wait until tomorro that dosent seem so bad love this story kind of dont want it to end! will there be a sequel with the baby!
~ASH~

awwww.........write more more more more! u cant leave me hangin like this! im already dying ova the cliffhanger from alias last nite! it must be a dream! hurry with the story. PLEASE?

<3, Kailyn

:smiley:

Back